Travel after Citizenship interview

dhari1

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys

Is it safe to make a 2 day business trip to Canada after the Citizenship interview ? My Oath ceremony will probably be a month from now.

My assumption is that I am still not a US Citizen and my Green Card + Indian Passport should still be valid for entry into the US...

Can you please confirm ?

Thanks

Green card

Hi Guys

Is it safe to make a 2 day business trip to Canada after the Citizenship interview ? My Oath ceremony will probably be a month from now.

My assumption is that I am still not a US Citizen and my Green Card + Indian Passport should still be valid for entry into the US...

Can you please confirm ?

Thanks

dhari1,

As long as you have that green card in possession, you are still a US perm resident (Green card holder). You can go to Canada, I don't see why not.

Your assumption is correct. You don't become a USC until after you've taken the oath. Until then, you must continue to meet all the original eligibility criteria.

When you go to the Oath ceremony they will ask about any trips taken since the interview to ensure your status is still valid for citizenship. Just have the trip details to hand to tell them.

married before the oath but didn't mention that at the oath

i got married before the oath but i didn't mention that at the oath because i have no documentation at that time. now i want to apply for my wife. is that going to affect me