Travel abroad between interview and oath

coolcatiger

Registered Users (C)
I have travelled abroad between interview and oath. Do I need to carry any special docs besides passport ?

What kind other of docs I need to take with me for oath besides passport, GC.
They have asked in letter to bring re-entry permit. What is it ? I have GC so what kind of re-entry permit I need to carry ?

Thanks

coolcatiger said:
I have travelled abroad between interview and oath. Do I need to carry any special docs besides passport ?

They have asked in letter to bring re-entry permit. What is it ? I have GC so what kind of re-entry permit I need to carry ?

Thanks

you can't just bring something you do not have. right?

if you do not even know what re-entry permit it is, or you donot even have one, you do not need to bring with you.

coolcatiger said:

Thanks

At my oath ceremony they ask people if they did any travelling since the interview. Lots of people were in the crowd who did and went fwd to the counter. I don't know what they show. Passport or what :confused:

On the back side of the Oath Notice, you check off responses to a few questions. Travel abroad between an interview and oath is also one of them. Just check off YES to the question that you travelled between an interview and oath. Take your passport and green card with you. They can check the dates in your passport if they want to and you have to surrender the green card(s).

If you never got a reentry permit (something that a green card holder needs to get if planning to stay abroad for more than 1 year, but less than 2 years), then check don't worry about it.

For now just wait for the oath letter, once you get it read it closely, fill it in and then carry it with you to the ceremony, along with a passport and green card(s).

coolcatiger, you might want to fill out the passport application form. after the oath interview, you can bring the form to post office and apply for a passport.

however, if you requested to have name change, i would suggest you to get your SSN / Driver License name changed prior to get your passport. it is because getting the SSN / Driver License name changed would be done in one day and you need your naturalization cert, so you can get those stuff done first, and mail your passport apps along with the naturalization cert together. :)

congrat again!