trapped in the 2nd round of name check

GAMA2003

Registered Users (C)
Dear sara and all,
after talk to only one of immigration officer, I just get to know that my 1st name check expire, and you are going to request 2nd namecheck.

This is the news I heard first time. and immigration officer said that there is no way they could do except that you have to wait till FBI runs name check clearly.

another waiting game??

can anybody help me to verify that 2nd round of name check. Sara, or some guru???

Thx

I don't think there is anything like 2nd Namecheck.
I don't know what is the best strategy to deal with namecheck nowadays.
Is Mandamus safe and does it help?
Does it help to contact Congressman or senator?
It is unnecessary delay caused by FBI and USCIS and nobody cares about your file, it just gets dumped under the dust.
Please share your experiences.

2nd Name check loop

For me this bad too.

My case was preAdjucated at NSC .... My first name check was cleared years back and now is expired. [I forgot to ask -- validity period of name check]. Now my case is in 2nd Name check loop.

Quite possible that some of the preAdjucated cases might miss the boat this time too .. and have to wait for next cool breeze.

For me this bad too.

My case was preAdjucated at NSC .... My first name check was cleared years back and now is expired. [I forgot to ask -- validity period of name check]. Now my case is in 2nd Name check loop.

Quite possible that some of the preAdjucated cases might miss the boat this time too .. and have to wait for next cool breeze.

Again 2nd Namecheck, when I asked immigration lady during the infopass she said namecheck is only done once, may be I met a moron, I will call again and check.
I am worried that once we miss this boat we may have to wait to for a year or two before actually getting the approval. It's a sucker.

HotTea2go

I was told the same - name check only once during the life of the application.

When do they do name cehck is something some one needs to tell me....

Is it:
(a) when 485 was submitted.
or

(b) when biometrics is done.

When i called recently I was told my 485 pending due to background check.
If background check is same as name check and option (a) is the answer then mine has been pending since Dec 2002!!!!!!

HotTea2go

I was told the same - name check only once during the life of the application.

When do they do name cehck is something some one needs to tell me....

Is it:
(a) when 485 was submitted.
or

(b) when biometrics is done.

When i called recently I was told my 485 pending due to background check.
If background check is same as name check and option (a) is the answer then mine has been pending since Dec 2002!!!!!!

I am sure it is same background or name check.
Probably they intiated when you 1st do biometrics after filing 485 and if you filed it in 2002, man you should sue those %^$^$^^%.

If your statement is true that backgroudn check is done only afte biometrics, then i cant sue them still.Eventhough I filed for 485 ( concurrent) in Dec 2002, my biometrics just occured on May 4th , 2007

Again 2nd Namecheck, when I asked immigration lady during the infopass she said namecheck is only done once, may be I met a moron, I will call again and check.
I am worried that once we miss this boat we may have to wait to for a year or two before actually getting the approval. It's a sucker.

May be I talked to a moron ... I encouraged that many are told the namecheck is done only once .

Are the "Name Check" and "Background Check" two different processes ... If name check is once a lifetime -- did the lady at immigration office meant Background Check....

I and my family have taken Biometrics 2 times since I filed for 485. Wondering if that was to do with 2nd round of checks?

Last edited by a moderator:
If your statement is true that backgroudn check is done only afte biometrics, then i cant sue them still.Eventhough I filed for 485 ( concurrent) in Dec 2002, my biometrics just occured on May 4th , 2007

Huh?? On May 4th 2007, it must be your 2nd or 3rd biometrics.
I am going to call them and find out how many times they do namecheck. So far I have done only one biometrics and they are sending the 2nd one when i called them now after about nearly 3 yrs.

Some Hope for Folks who are stuck in Name & Back ground checks!!!!

;) I have some Hopefull news for everybody in this thread. I have a PD of Sep 2002, and 485 filing date of May 2004. I was also sick and tired of calling this Monkeys at Cust Service Center. And i even took a Info pass Appointment, The big Fat lady over there told me that my background check is pending. So i got really pissed off and walked out of there and went to my Senator's office. He happenes to be on the commiety for fair immigration practice. So he has a cell dedicated to help joe's like me. So his consuler heard my case and made a phone call to FBI -IBIS center and found out that
1, Name check is done only once for duration of a Immi petition- Mine was cleared.- Aug 2005
2, Back ground check is done only once for duration of petition -Mine was cleared Aug 2005
3, Finger print review, Done every 15 months for duration of petition, I had 2, most recent April 2007- Cleared 20 May 2007 .

After this she called NSC and spoke with a floor supervisor for AOS cases. They traced my application on waitlist to be assigned to a officer for final review. And by the way they have like 16K applications on wait list to be assigned to officers for final review. And they are adjugating about 250 -400 cases per day including Family based and Employment based cases. And he said my case will be up within a week.. Keeping my fingers crossed real tight.

So when ever you guys talk with Cust service center ladies take what ever info they give you with a grain of Salt. and Lets hope and pray we all catch this train of approvals.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sent a PM, please respond

;) I have some Hopefull news for everybody in this thread. I have a PD of Sep 2002, and 485 filing date of May 2004. I was also sick and tired of calling this Monkeys at Cust Service Center. And i even took a Info pass Appointment, The big Fat lady over there told me that my background check is pending. So i got really pissed off and walked out of there and went to my Senator's office. He happenes to be on the commiety for fair immigration practice. So he has a cell dedicated to help joe's like me. So his consuler heard my case and made a phone call to FBI -IBIS center and found out that
1, Name check is done only once for duration of a Immi petition- Mine was cleared.- Aug 2005
2, Back ground check is done only once for duration of petition -Mine was cleared Aug 2005
3, Finger print review, Done every 15 months for duration of petition, I had 2, most recent April 2007- Cleared 20 May 2007 .

After this she called NSC and spoke with a floor supervisor for AOS cases. They traced my application on waitlist to be assigned to a officer for final review. And by the way they have like 16K applications on wait list to be assigned to officers for final review. And they are adjugating about 250 -400 cases per day including Family based and Employment based cases. And he said my case will be up within a week.. Keeping my fingers crossed real tight.

So when ever you guys talk with Cust service center ladies take what ever info they give you with a grain of Salt. and Lets hope and pray we all catch this train of approvals.

I have sent you a PM, please respond to it.

2nd Background check is possible

this is in my case,
i took infopass and Immigration officer told me that they initiated once again namecheck for me

namecheck validility is 15 months if your 1st 485 got denied and you re-apply second time , if 15 months over when you 1st applied your 485, then uscis can initiate once again

hope this helps
this is there in Yates memo for namecheck process

Ghost Card,
My PD is 2002 July @ NSC (EB3) . Very close to your case.

Could you please post any updates you get on your case?

Thank you

Hi Ghost Card,

Which state you are from.?
Where you took the infopass?
Which Senator you contacted? Which office? What address? Phone?

Please share all the above information

this is in my case,
i took infopass and Immigration officer told me that they initiated once again namecheck for me

namecheck validility is 15 months if your 1st 485 got denied and you re-apply second time , if 15 months over when you 1st applied your 485, then uscis can initiate once again
We know about second name checks for when you reapply for a 485. But they are supposed to be permanently valid for any single application. Apparently the USCIS has been mistakenly redoing name checks for some people who didn't reapply for anything. Or mistakenly telling them that the name check is being done again.

Picket,

Yours and my case almost in same time

My Details:
NSC-EB3-INDIA
Priority date: July 2002
I-485 filed date: July 2003
Biometrics(Code 1 ) given on 02/23/2007
Since then NO changes.

Picket,
Which state you are from.?
Did you took the infopass?
Did you contacted Senator, if so Which Senator you contacted? Which office? What address? Phone?

Chics,
I called NSC June 1st..was transferred to immig officer...he said name check not done...still pending from FBI..he said NC should have been done by now.didn't tell me when the NC was initiated..he offered to open a service inquiry request...I know what the out come would be..same old name check problem..I went ahead anyway and opened a service inquiry request.

no LUD changes after that..Nothing so far....

Will post updates as soon as I get..plz do the same.

Good luck to both of us!