Transt Visa

JustGC007

Registered Users (C)
Hi Friends,

Do we need a transit visa if we travel to India via AMSTERDAM?
We would be traveling on the AP and ours stamped visa date has expired.

Thanks

transit visa not required. 200% sure.

JustGC007 said:
Hi Friends,

Do we need a transit visa if we travel to India via AMSTERDAM?
We would be traveling on the AP and ours stamped visa date has expired.

Thanks

JustGC007 said:
I DONT have a valid US Visa Stamp on My Passport.
======

Your best bet is to call the Consulate and ask, if they need a Visa. Amsterdam used to require a Visa , but I beleive, they reverted back and no longer require it.

As long as the transit visa is not required, it does not matter even if your Stamped Visa has expired.

I visited India in May 2005, traveling through Zurich(which does not need a transit visa) on AP with my stamped visa expired. I had no issues.

My wife and son though had to get a transit visa as they travelled by BA via London.

Enjoy you rIndia visit.

Cheers....

Transit Visa

Thanks DECCAN EXPRESS and ATULH for your response.
I call The Dutch Embassy also and they said as long as we don’t leave the airport we don’t need the Transit Visa.

JustGC007,

I am in the same boat as you. I sent an e-mail to the consulate and they replied in less than 48 hrs. I feel more secure having something in writing just in case.

But as you found out, for Indian passport holders, as long as you check your luggage to your final destination and not leave the international terminal area, you do not need a transit visa.

In case you want to contact the consulate, you can find one in your area here http://www.cgny.org/location.asp. I contacted the Kansas City consulate.