Translation services for RFE reply

mugdha2100

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

I would like to translate the Indian Ration Card from Marathi to English. Could you please suggest me any reliable company.

I e-mailed http://www.bits-international.com suggested by sk2002sk. But there is not reply from them. Also, they should work with the fax copy.

I am preparing this in response to RFE I got
It is asking for a copy of your Education Borad Certificate, if it lists both your parents' names. If not, they need the oldest available evidence that lists both your parents' names such as medical records, school records, census records, government issued I.D. card, church records, etc.

I do have my father's name on most of the documents. But only Ration card has my Mother's name. I am thinking of attaching following documents.

1. Ration Card (Is just translated enough? or should notarize that?)
2. Couple of my school and college certificates/Marksheet where my father's name is present.
3. My letter to US consulate in India when I invited my parents to visit me in 98. My company's letter to consulate for the same.
4. My father's insurance Card where our family member's names are present with DOB.

So,
a. Are these 4 documents enough?
b. Shall I sent couple of documents along with this reply to avoid further RFE for additional evidance of marriage like recent lease papers, creditcard bills and bank account statements?

Please let me know.

Thanks a lot.
Mugdha.

It looks like nobody has come across similar situation.

How did to manage when the documents were in local language?

Any suggestions?

Mugdha.

Thanks sk2002sk! I think I will call them to find out more.

oops......I am not from Pune......

Thanks anyway,

Mugdha.

RFE Reply

Talk to a good lawyer before filing your reply. Your speed of approval also depends on how convincing the RFE response is.

THis is based on my own experience.. So prepare your RFE reply thoroughly, provide all additional evidence. If required, you can even explain what this documents are on a paper..

GOOD LUCK..

-GG

Thanks GreenGuy,

I am thinking of providing cover letter to explain the contents of the document. Also, I am going to notarize the ration card translation letter.
I am really worried at this point. 3 years with labor and 6 months in I-140 and another 2+ years in I-485..... when is it going to end?????????????

I hope the documents I listed are more than enough. I am asking it several times so that if anybody suggests me anything else, I will do it now as well. I do not want another RFE at this point......

Thanks for support.

Mugdha.

Add passport info

Maybe you can photocopy the pages of your passport that list your parents' names. I hope it helps.

Yeah hadhkardi,

I am going to do that. Also, I asked my parents to send their passport copy. I am going to attach that also along with above mentioned papers.

I hope, the information we got from this RFE will be useful to whoever going through this stage. I advice people, who had prepared their Birth Certificate recentley while filing for 485, to prepare these kind of additional papers before you get RFE so that you will not waste time like I do.

Thanks,
Mugdha

Hi Mudga,

I got a similar RFE which is asking for the same information as your RFE. I got my birth certificate issued in 1999 and I think that have caused the RFE to be issued.

Also, I have similar problems as you do, my School transfer certificate has only my father's name, no medical or hospital record and am not sure if we still have our ration card.

My lawyer adviced me to get two notrized letter from close relatives that know about my parents and birth date. Besides these I am not sure if I will be able to provide BCIS with any further evidance.

Keep me posted about your case, I might learn few things from your experience.

Thanks

hnomani,

If your Birth certificate was issued in 1999, what is the "registration of birth" date on it? I mean, was your birth registered back when you were born?

Could you please let me know, I may be in the same situation.

SK...

My date of registration on the birth certificate is 1999, actually thats what I meant issue date.

Thanks

Guys,

I got the same rfe(for my wife) and replied it last week, the documents I have kept are

1) Affidavits from her mom and Dad
2) School Bonafide certificate with DOB and father's name
3) Secondary school(10th),Inter mark certificates with DOB and father's name
4) Conduct Certificate from college having DOB and father's name
5) Passport copy having DOB, father's and mother's name

I had a copy of ration card but it did not have my wife's full name nor it was very clear so did not put it.

Hope this helps...

Thanks,
octFiler.