Transit Visa ? While coming from India on Lufthansa.

Kakatiya_King

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

It seems like am kind of in trouble at this moment, I have a valid Advance Parole till Dec. 17th, Trvaeling to India on Oct. 6th from U.S., got to stop over in Frankfurt for the business purpose for few weeks and will be leaving Frankfurt in the first week of Nov. to India, planning to return from India in the First week of Dec. via Frankfurt(since it is Lufthansa)

The Germany consulate says they can give Visa only till Nov. 16(about one month less than my Advance Parole Expire date) and says that i have to return to U.S. before Nov. 16th.

According to them i have to either change tickets to Nov. 16th return trip or i will have to get Advance Parole extension(obviously this is impossible since i sent application to renew Advance Paroleonly on 24th Sept.)

Any one travelled(from India) on Lufthansa recently and did they ask for Transit Visa to Germnay at Mumbai?? Please awnser ASAP????

AP are being issued very very fast...
But due to audit.........I dont think UR case will make it bfore Oct 6...

I dont think, U have many options......

Kakatiya,

I have travelled through Frankfrut few times. I never had to get a transit visa. However, since you are stopping there for few weeks you need a visa / transit visa. They can give you a visa till Nov 16th. So you have to leave Germany on or before 16th. Its none of there business... where you leave to. It could be India or US or for that matter China or Australia.

Now when you come back you are not exiting the Airport building, hence you do not need a 'VISA'. Its like any other country, when you fly other airlines. (Unless the rules have changed - I really, really doubt it.) Now, even if it has, the Airlines should mention it when they issue the tickets. Please check the Lufthansa website.

To enter US you have a valid AP until Dec 17th. So as long as you enter US anyday before that date you are good. At Frankfurt you should not have any problems comming back as your final destination is not Germany but US.

Bombay, Chennai, Delhi, Calcutta.... does not matter.

my suggestion: check the Lufthansa website, any German gov website, read and carry printouts of the pages just in case you have to use them. Next call Lufthansa and ask them a simple question - Do I need to have a Visa to fly through Frankfurt on trip to US from India? If their answer is 'NO' - which will be in most case - Rest assured and think about what you will do in India while you are there. If the answer is 'YES' - very unlikely - Ask them what you need to do to get one.

You dont have to explain at lenght about your business trip while going to India. For that you absolutely need a visa since you will be in the country for more than 24 hrs.

Hope this helps.

I travelled via frankfurt to go to India in March 2002. I used AP. But when I returned back they asked me (at lufthansa gate )so many questions like "how I got my 140 approved and so quickly " etc. But they allowed me after some time. I had no problems at US. I didnt get any german visa.