Transit visa through Frankfurt

Naveen111

Registered Users (C)
My wife is travelling from India to US via Frankfurt on Advance parole through Air-India. Since she doesn't change the flights I think she doesn't require transit visa. Is that correct?

I called Air-India and they said No transit visa is required for Frankfurt, but few people in the forum suggested to take transit visa. She went to India without any problem via London. Does she needs transit visa on the wayu return?

Your responses are appreciated.

Thanks
Naveen

transit visa

these are the replies i got when i send email to german consulate asking whether if i need a transit visa and i took transit visa and i travelled last week and nobody checked visa.

Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 11:04:45 -0600
From: "gh-info.germany" <info@germanconsulatehouston.org> Add to Address Book
To: javautd@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: Abt Transit Visa

yes, you do.
without a valid visa for the united states in your passport you do need a transit visa.
information is at www.germany.info under information services consular services
sincerely,
german consulate houston

Hi,Would i need a transit visa if i travel through Frankfurt to India from Dallas. I am in Adjustment of Status in US and have Advance Parole for reentering back in to US.

This was the dilemma that I had also. The information in the German embassy website suggests that you need a transit visa if you don't have a valid visa; however, both myself (in February) and my wife (in April) traveled from India through Frankfurt (changed planes) without a transit visa. There was no issues with using the Advance Parole document as a valid travel document.

See attached link for my earlier posting.

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=114235

As per the below e-mail from German consulate in Atlanta there is no need for transit

As per the below e-mail from German consulate in Atlanta there is no need for transit visa if u have advance parole..

From : .ATLA RK-1000 Jarvis, Ingrid <rk-1000@atla.auswaertiges-amt.de>
Sent : Tuesday, April 27, 2004 9:08 AM
To :
Subject : Visa

You do not require an airport transit visa with advanced parole.

As long as you hold a "valid" visa to US, you do not need a Transit Visa. However, AP is a tricky issue and not all airlines and consuates understand. They see a visa on PP which is expired and may create a problem. If your H is valid then it is OK. Some airline understand AP and would let you go.

My friend travelled to India via Frankfurt. His visa of US had expired and he wanted to go to India to renew. He was not allowed to board plane.

Transit Visa Frankfurt

If this has not changed in last 48 hours. I travelled through frankfurt returning to US. I did not require any transit visa.
As I said this was in last 48 hours. You never know, a ton of things can happen in 48 hours. Even a I 485 can get approved......

cheers, have a safe trip.

Krao :D