Transit Visa Reqd for 551 stamp; not reqd for Physical Card Holders?

visak said:
From German consulate website, for Indian's following exemption applies until further notice:

Exemption 4 to the list above

Until further notice a “Visa on arrival” will be issued for them by the competent authorities at the respective German airport.

visak,
could you please the website?
Thank you.
Mamoo

Hello Mugdha,
My in-laws have an AP. So, it should be OK for them to travel without a transit visa?
On the other hand, we have 551 stamp. But see visak's posting above. I am waiting to hear the website regarding transit visa in airport.
You know it is a big pain to post the passport and other originals to the German embassy!
Thank you.
Mamoo

I updated my original post with web link to German Consulate in USA. Here it is again for reference:

http://www.germany-info.org/relaunch/info/consular_services/visa/countrylist.html#except4

One of my co-worker (from India) sent his passport to German consulate for transit visa and it is lost in mail. He is trying to obtain a new passport from Indian consulate. I would suggest using air lines which will not stop in UK, Germany, France for fuel such as KLM/NW(Amsterdam) or Emirites(Dubai).

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,
I am on AP and 485 pending.

Travelling by kuwait airways, with a stopover at Geneva.

Do I need transit visa for switzerland?

Hello Everybody,
I agree with visak. If you can avoid BA, LH that is the best!
Explore KLM or Singapore airlines.
It is crazy to 'charge' for immigrants (551 stamp) or non-immigrant visa holders for using the airport! Worst of all, send the passport by mail and risk loosing it!
Mamoo