Transit Visa question.

SriniKris

Registered Users (C)
I will be travelling to India for three weeks transiting thru Europe. I want to know whether the transit Visa will cover the entire round trip?

hi aks,

I will be travelling to India Via PAris on AIr iNdia. I have a AP. H-1 Expired. DO you know if I will be requiring transit visa.

French Consulate website says.. u dont require Transit visa if we have Valid US visa. Does AP mean valid VISA.

Thanks.
Parshu

As per UK visa they don't consider AP as a visa, that is what I was told and spent $47 for the same, better check with authorities as you don't want spoil your trip.

parshu...

You do need a transit visa..As long as you dont have a valid STAMPED visa you need a transit visa...

Also if you have GC stamped but dont have the actual card...you still need the transit visa.....

.I called Air India number and told her my situation that I dont have any valid visa and just have AP..she would not even listen.what I have .and said u dont require Transit Visa if you travelling by Air India via Paris.
I asked her if she was very sure about waht she is saying.as I dont want to be in any kind of mess...then she goes...Sir are you sure that u rtravelling by Air India, are u travelling via Paris..then u dont require Transit visa.

SO I guess I should trust her...just being very paranoid...
anybody in same boat had the experience please let know...

Thanks all for replies...appreciate it

we are flying on jan 25th.

Thats correct for the following reason which i confirmed with Paris Consulate in Boston:

AI does not let its passengers DEPLANE in paris and hence technicaly we are not even going in the International Zone of Paris Airport.

Like i said. Enjoy your trip

Hi isGCtheKey...

Thank you very much....makes sense now that they wont deplane in paris...Thanks again...

parshu..

You don't need a transit visa

Hi parshu

I just came back from India ( by Air India) . My case is like yours (485 pending, H-1 expired, AP upto Oct2004).Air India will not allow passengers to get out of the plane . You will be sitting inside the plane and cleaning crew will come inside and do their job .Remember you have to identify the hand bags in Paris. Airport security person will come inside and ask you to identify the bags. If they find any unclaimed bag it will be offloaded.So DON'T SLEEP during that short stay(1-1 1/2 hour).
If you are a Vegi.... ask for Veg food from Paris , they serve Veg food only for listed passengers or you may have to wait.....

Enjoy the flight...........