Transit Visa - India to US

amolnaik

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

I have all visas cancelled on my passport and I have the IV packet with me. Do I need a transit visa for Paris/Frankfurt/London/Amsterdam while travelling to the US now?

With your IV package, the consulate must have stamped IV in your passport. I think that should be enough to travel and dont need and transit visa...gurus please correct me if I am wrong...

immiadvice said:
With your IV package, the consulate must have stamped IV in your passport. I think that should be enough to travel and dont need and transit visa...gurus please correct me if I am wrong...

Yes, you are absolutely correct. Thats why I said 'Yes' above. If you do not have any kind of Visa stamped on your Passport or the Physical Green Card, then you need a Transit Visa thru any of the European cities.
My humble advice, just go ahead and get a Transit Visa. After all, you are the one who faces the consequences of not having one. Take it from someone who has had the bad experience !!!

if you are yet to buy the tickets, why not think abt flying via the pacific route or something?

Thanks,
Dilbert

I came back on September 8, via Amsterdam.

Transit VISA NOT REQUIRED (as of now) if you come back via AMSTERDAM.

I do not know about other airports.

immiadvice said:
Amol Niak got his approval a long time back. Before they started stamping MRVs.

Same experience

sansin said:
I came back on September 8, via Amsterdam.

Transit VISA NOT REQUIRED (as of now) if you come back via AMSTERDAM.

I do not know about other airports.

I had similar experience although earlier this year (end of Jan).

I returned to the US following CP on NW flight via Amsterdam. I had to show the visa packet only at Mumbai airport and then at POE (Minneapolis). Nobody at Amsterdam asked for the visa documents. They did ask for the ticket stub for the earlier flight. I presume that if you are in transit at Amsterdam and travelling KLM/NW then transit visa is not needed.

My wife was not asked for the visa documents either when she returned few weeks later.

I am not aware of any changes to this policy. I am not in charge of this policy either! :p

Hope this helps.

KAT02 said:
I returned to the US following CP on NW flight via Amsterdam. I had to show the visa packet only at Mumbai airport and then at POE (Minneapolis). Nobody at Amsterdam asked for the visa documents. They did ask for the ticket stub for the earlier flight.
It's the airline which will check at the boarding as they will be responsible to ultimately bring you back. In my exp. I have rarely seen people's visa being checked while getting of the plane. Passport of course yes.
I presume that if you are in transit at Amsterdam and travelling KLM/NW then transit visa is not needed.
Actually if you call the Dutch consulate they will reply in affirmative. There is indeed a req. from Holland for a transit visa, but it is not at all enforced. There was scare in late 1997 and people (including yours truely) rushed to get Dutch transit visa (and in vain).

Guys:

I reached the US yesterday (3rd Oct) evening. POE: Newark. No problems at all at POE.

I travelled by Alitalia and did NOT need a transit visa. I personally dnt think you need a transit visa if you have the Immigration visa packet with you.

Thanks to all for replying anyway :)

No transit visa required

Even in London no transit visa required if:
1) Not going outta Heathrow
2) Ultimate destination to and fro USA with required visas.

Personal experience last month.

GCM