Transit visa in France while traveling with AP

kiku1975

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
My wife and I will be traveling to India in december via France (Delta and Air France, layover for 4 hrs in Paris). We will be using our AP while traveling. Do we need to apply for transit visa in France? Please let me know.
Thank you in advance.
Kiku1975

Thanks for your reply.
Did you travel recently or asked the airline support people?

Indian_Forever said:
Yes, you will need French transit visa if travelling on AP via France.

why don't you call the french embassy/consulate?? best way to get a valid, straight and quick answer!

kiku1975 said:
Hi,
My wife and I will be traveling to India in december via France (Delta and Air France, layover for 4 hrs in Paris). We will be using our AP while traveling. Do we need to apply for transit visa in France? Please let me know.
Thank you in advance.
Kiku1975

kiku1975 said:
Hi,
Thank you in advance.
Kiku1975
The answer of course depends entirely on your nationality, which you don't state. For example, if you are from any European Union country then the answer would be 'no'.

Nationality is Indian.
My h1-B stamping is valid til nov 6 2006. I got my h1-b extended til jan 2008. I'll be traveling in dec 2006 on AP. Hope this helps.
Is it possible to obtain transit visa in the airport (Paris) itself or apply here in US (French Consulate)?
Thanks

dms said:
The answer of course depends entirely on your nationality, which you don't state. For example, if you are from any European Union country then the answer would be 'no'.

The best people to check with is the French Emb. Do not ask the airlines. One guy will say something and other will say something else. Like when I called BA whether we needed a transit visa for UK they said no but on the day of travel they did not let us board the flight since we did not have a trasit visa. So DO NOT ask the airlines check with the French EMB.

And it is always better to get a trasit visa to be on a safer side.

Yes and No

I don't know about other airline. I travled thru Air India via Paris to India last month. While going nobody asked VISA status, but while coming back to US Advance Parole (AP) will be checked at the time of departure in India as well in Paris.
You must know that we will inside the aircraft in Paris.
As somebody said everybody says different openion, even in the french consulate website, it clearly says you need a Airport transit VISA even if you sit inside the aircraft. It all depends on how much risk you are willing to take.

I am already fredup with immigration and decided not to give any more cents to these suckers. You take your decision, no point in searching for the awnser that you like to hear. It is either you need it or don't and everybodies experience will be different.