Transit Visa: H4 & Advance Parole

sk2002sk

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys,

We are planning to go to India for vacation in May (transiting via Paris). Our I-485 is pending and my wife currently works using her EAD. She has a H4 Visa stamped on her passport (date of H4 stamp validity is until Dec 2005). She has effectively invalidated her H4 (by using her EAD) and will need Advance Parole to re-enter the U.S. My question pertains to France Transit Visa while transiting through Paris.

Will she need a Transit Visa even though she has a passport with a U.S. Visa stamp (granted she will-not/cannot use that to re-enter the U.S.)?

My initial impression is that all they need to see is an "unexpired U.S. Visa", thats all - that they don't care if the person can re-enter using that Visa or not.

Can you all please share your experiences or thoughts? As always, I hope to get the most reliable and up-to-date info from all of you!

Thanks,
SK...

SK,
I travelled to India via Paris, France by Air India.
My scenario: I-485 pending with AP.
I didn't have to take Transit Visa, as I didn't get out of the flight.
If you have to change flights, then you need a Transit VISA.
Hope this helps.
SUNDARK

sundark said:
SK,
I travelled to India via Paris, France by Air India.
My scenario: I-485 pending with AP.
I didn't have to take Transit Visa, as I didn't get out of the flight.
If you have to change flights, then you need a Transit VISA.
Hope this helps.
SUNDARK
Indian citizens dont require transit visa in France. This issue has been addressed in many threads, check then out and also check the France consulate website.

I'm in same boat and my Lawyer (FDBL) told us this :
If my wife leaves job before commencing the journey, she automatically resumes back her H4 status and use that to return without AP.

I'm not sure how true this is. My take on these things is it's better to be cautious than to be sorry. BCIS is not something which is well defined or structured org and certainly I do not trust BCIS.