Transit visa for travel through Amsterdam using AP

nsc2002

I will be travelling through Amstrdam to India. Our stop over time in Amsterdam is 6 hrs. My H1 stamp and my Spouse H4 stamp have expired. We will be using AP to reenter US. Do I need transit visa?

Another issue is that my PD( EB2 Dec 2002 ) has become current in May 2006. And I will be leaving for India around May 1st. If all the stars align( in a good or bad way ) and I hear a decision for my case when I am in India, Would I have problem reentering on AP.

Thanks in advance.

I am doing some research on this because even we are travelling on AP in may. So, what i found is if you are going by airindia and thru frankfurt or paris then you do not need transit visa while travelling on AP but if you are going thru london / amsterdam you need a transit visa.
And regarding getting approved while in india... i think thats a chance for you to throw a party in india... Because I have seen many posts earlier where they mentioned it is not a problem to enter with an AP. but if you were travelling on H1/H4 then it would be a problem. (again this is what i read in some posts earlier here on this web. But just to make sure you can contact your attorney.)

transit visa for Amsterdam is not required while using AP to reenter in US.
I came through Amsterdam in Feb 2006 using AP

No need Transit Visa for AMS

I travelled to India in Jan 06 through AMS. You do not need a Transit visa for Amsterdam if you stay in the airport less than 12 hours. My case was similar to you (H1/H4 expired, used AP to re-enter)

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like the info i received from air india seems mis leading.... Can some one tell me if we need a transit visa while travellign thru frankfurt. I will be going via paris and coming back via frankfurt.