Transfers to Columbus Loacl Office

Reach_Ins

Registered Users (C)
Hello All,

Lets track the transfers to Local Office Columbus? My case is transfered to Columbus on Feb 28th 03. Let me know if any ones case has been transfered and is in progress.

interview was ok at Columbus

My RD is July 3, 2001

My case got transferred to local Columbus office on Nov 10. Got an interview call on March 12 for an scheduled appointment on April 7. The intervie went fine. They wanted the proof that me and my wife are still married. I am waiting for the approval. They said that some security checks are pending in my case.

Please give more info.

Me and My Wife's 485 case got transferred to Charlotte, NC office. I am the principal applicant a EB2 case.

1. Was your case a Employment Based one ?
2. How long have you being married .. ? We are married since Feb 2002 and applied for 485 within 7 months of marriage.

pls advice.

Thanks

Reply to GK

Dear GK,

Here are my thoughts so far about cases getting transferred to Local Offices:

You can be transferred to a local office for a combination of the following factors:

1) Your last name is different than your wife.
2) You were not married for 2 years at the time of filing the 485.

If you were married for less than 2 years but have kid and declared the kid on your bigraphic information while filing the 485, you may not get transferred to the local office.

In my case, both 1 and 2 were the factors. Please let me know if you want more details.

Yes, my case is "Employment Based".