• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Transferring Case number from one US embassy to another US embassy in another country.

safinah

Hi , I would like to get more information about transferring my casenumber from the US embassy in Nairobi to the US embassy Tanzania. I have tried many times but they have refused to change it. I even unlocked the DS260 and changed the embassy to US embassy in Tanzania. Need some help please.

What demonstrable ties do you have with Tanzania? Simply requesting a case transfer on its own is not enough. You’ll need to be able to demonstrate your ties such as residing in a particular country, or being from there in order to get the KCC to honor your case transfer request.

What demonstrable ties do you have with Tanzania? Simply requesting a case transfer on its own is not enough. You’ll need to be able to demonstrate your ties such as residing in a particular country, or being from there in order to get the KCC to honor your case transfer request.
Hello, I also submitted my scanned permit card which shows that I work from here they still refused . What to know if they need anything else apart from the permit card. Any advice please?

Yes , but am a Ugandan citizen and I came to Tanzania because of work coz my husband got a job this side and I was also sure that I will get job cause am anurse and I got the job . We both working. I filled the DS260 wen was still in Uganda but wen we came here I unlocked it and changed the embassy only from Nairobi to Tanzania. Thanks.
Are you residing in Tanzania? Is the address on your DS260 form a Tanzanian address?

How were you able to change the embassy on the DS260 form? AFAIK, you cannot change the previously selected embassy on the form itself. And from your above response it is not quite clear to me you actually listed your new address in Tanzania on the DS260 forms. So, here’s what you need to do:

You need to unlock your DS260 (yours and your husband’s) and update the current address to your Tanzania address. After resubmitting the forms, you need to email KCC to inform them of your new address and based on that you’ll request they change your embassy to the Dar-es-Salaam embassy. Include a copy of your lease agreement or utility bill, (something that demonstrates the new address) with your email to KCC.

Are you residing in Tanzania? Is the address on your DS
How were you able to change the embassy on the DS260 form? AFAIK, you cannot change the previously selected embassy on the form itself. And from your above response it is not quite clear to me you actually listed your new address in Tanzania on the DS260 forms. So, here’s what you need to do:

You need to unlock your DS260 (yours and your husband’s) and update the current address to your Tanzania address. After resubmitting the forms, you need to email KCC to inform them of your new address and based on that you’ll request they change your embassy to the Dar-es-Salaam embassy. Include a copy of your lease agreement or utility bill, (something that demonstrates the new address) with your email to KCC.
Thanks alot yeah I actually changed the address not the embassy and now I'm going to add a utility bill, am going to try again tnx for the information.