Transferred to SJ

I received 2 emails for me and 2 for my wife.

Current Status:

On July 12, 2004, we transferred your I485 Application to Register
Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to our office in SAN JOSE, CA for
them to schedule and conduct your interview. Scheduling can take several
months. Our office in SAN JOSE, CA will notify you when they schedule
your interview or take other action on your case. If you need further
information, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800)
375-5283.

I had no convictions or arrests. I've been working with the same company on H1 since before LC.

ruxrux, sorry to hear that. Seems vindictive, after all you've been through trying to make something happen your case - and especially after all those LUDs. Good luck and I hope SJ schedule you soon...

Congratulations. I see it on the good side.

Hi rurux,
Think about it. I think this is really good. You would be called for an interview in 2 months or so. And then you are done.

For all you it could be even earlier. I know ideally you or anybody would have preferred a direct approval from CSC rather than a transfer to SJC.

But, atleast you can assure, that when SJC calls you it will be approved after an interview.

You atleast one step forward!

ruxrux said:
CSC transferred our cases to SJ yesterday, for no particular reason (other than my faxes).

Looking at this thread
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=82335
it takes 2-3 months to do the interview.

Any recent experiences?

Thanks for your encouragement, my friends. I'm trying to see a positive side of it and... hey, we'll get to have a real appointment and we won't have to stand in line at 5 AM. We'll have the luxury of coming in at 8 or maybe even later. Nice, especially with two kids tagging along.
Also, when I get an interview, I'll know my approval date. At least something.
But, I'll be damned if I know why I got an interview... hopefully it's not faxes and inquiries...

Sorry to hear that. It is not as good as a direct approval from CSC, but still better than totally being ignored. I am also on wac02103, but so far do not even have 2nd FP, REF or anything at all! In your case, the wait is only a few month; in my case, god knows when there will be any action. My lawyer said my case is not lost, it's been moved to "Division I for processing" since June. By the way does any one know what Division I does? I've seen some post about sending fax to Division II.

Ruxrux,

Best of luck. I hope you will get immediate and smooth approval. My case is same as yours.

RD : 08/2002
FP1 : 09/2002
FP2 : 04/2004
Transferred to CSC from NSC 06/2004 ( I guess because of multiple address change. )
Working with Same company before LC.
The day I have come to US. Still working with H1B. 3 EADs.
Waiting to hear from Laguna Neigual office of CSC after transfer.
AP : No one knows. Except god.

Ruxrux,
Did you send too many faxes? My attorney was absolutely convinced that
too many faxes will definitely get my case transferred. My attrorney a very
big law firm has been warning us from sending any faxes to USCIS without
their permission. When I contacted them asking them to send fax inquiry
they told me that the only effect of faxes is supposedly to irk USCIS and
they either send you RFE or transfer your case for no good reason. I argued
about their logic but they managed to convince me that it might only create
problems. They were even upset about me sending one fax without informing
them. Just wanted to know if there is any relation. Lot of times it pays to
listen to the attorney I guess. I stopped faxing after my first fax and luckily
my case got approved.

Wish you best of luck. Transfer to local INS is positive news and in 1-2
months you will be approved. Best of luck and take your attorney with
you.

leeee said:
<..> By the way does any one know what Division I does? I've seen some post about sending fax to Division II.
maybe division 1 is kept busy replying faxes and complaints from all impatient people who filed after you :)

Oh! shit

What would be the basis for transfers. Man now I am starting to wonder if my case is next ready for trasfer or what.
Ruxrux, JIT is June 2002 and our cases are in Jan/Feb'02 . I wonder why they took so long to evaluate your case and trasfer. RIDICULOUS!!!. I know eventually you will be approved in a month or two_Old timers like us donot deserve this dude.This LUD business sucks too. Earlier I used to browse this portal 2 times a day now after this new LUD's at least 10-12 times a day.
And after all this if we get transfers? GOD SAVE US ALL!!!!

Ruxrux,

Terribly sorry to hear about a transfer as compared to hearing an approval note from you. But strange are the ways of INS. I strongly doubt though, that this was caused due to you sending too many fax campaigns, regardless of Desi-Bartender's lawyer's belief, there have been hundreds of people who have sent faxes and yet been approved. Besides you have a RIGHT to send faxes if your cases is beyond the JIT. Going by this logic, you are damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Personally though, an interview is not such a bad thing, and as you mentioned, atleast now things will move for sure. Goodluck to you. Do keep us informed. And while you are waiting for the interview date, get all your paperwork in order.

ruxrux,
As a saying "Every thing happens for good.", may be its for your good. There was discussion about the relation between faxes and transfers with no conclusion. Yours might be a random transfer.

Well, now atleast you know approximately when your approval may come :). It would have been nice if they mentioned the reason for the transfer though :(.

Good luck,

Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck

Take it easy dude. I am sure it's one of those random cases and nothing else. The more you think about, I am sure the more theories we can come up with. Keep us informed and have all the documents in place. Do what you can and make sure there are no holes.

Here's my faxing history:
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=134268

As to what division 1 is doing - the answer is: not much!!! :)

Actually, division 1 is the part of CSC that takes (among others) I-485 applications for regular adjudication. That's the guys that approve (or ....hm... transfer...) our AOS applications. They are also the level 1 fax inquiry guys.

There's also an interesting division 12, who are supposed to take care of overdue cases, but they are also not doing much. They are the level 2 fax inquiry guys.

140_takes_4ever - I share your thoughts about faxing, I don't think CSC is organized enough to be able to track how many inquiries one sent. Even if they do, I don't think they care because it's not a widely known thing, it's on the level of speculation even among us, supposedly immigration-educated people. It's like one country having a nuclear bomb and not telling it to the outside world, totally beats the purpose of having it.

desi-bartender's lawyer is perhaps the same as mine (FDBL) because they keep repeating the same things; Who knows what their experiences were in the past.