Transferred to Miami - Got FP, but Wrong address on file!!

curiousGeorge

Registered Users (C)
The saga continues.....

Yesterday I got a fingerprint notice from my old lawyer, who moved a year ago. The notice, which was sent from the Miami office, had my old lawyer's old address on it, not his new address, nor my current lawyer's address. It took over 2 weeks to get to me, but it got here. Worse yet, it had my old home address, which I changed over 2 years ago. My old lawyer sent updates for his new address, and my new lawyer sent the G-28 (I think) form for my case. I've called TSC (back in the day when you could call directly) to notify them of my address change, sent them a fax, and a letter via registered mail, and also the AR-11. I've called the 1-800 number about 3 times since I moved, just to be sure they got it right. I've visited the Miami office twice and personally given them my address both times and made sure they update my files.

Still after all this effort on my part, they continue to send notices to the wrong address!!!!!! Idiots!!

Wolfman recently got his interview notices along with fingerprint notices. Its possible that mine were sent to my old home address, and will most probably be returned to Miami. In that situation, will my case be considered abandoned, and would they send me an intent to deny?

I'm trying to see the good part to all this. At least I got a fingerprint notice, and there is no appointment date, unlike the other fingerprint notice I got from TSC. The request says to go any time within the next 87 days (strange number but that's what it says). My wife got a fingerprint notice also, which may mean that Miami has her file as well, except that the online system does not reflect this, nor did she gat a transfer notice, nor do any of the CSRs at the Miami office see this on their computer.

I'm going to visit the Miami office once again and show them the erroneous information they are using. Who knows if this will help. Maybe they've sent me an interview notice already, and I have no way of knowing. How the hell do I get this fixed? I've tried everything, and its not my fault anymore.

The USCIS hired a bunch of idiots with a useless system at their disposal, and we are at their mercy.

same here...

I understand your frustration, in my situation, after my 485 got transferred, they needed a 2nd FP, I never received my FP notice, I used the attorney copy. The address on the notice was my old address that I moved out 2 years ago. We had notified them and received letters at my new address, but they still sent the FP notice to old address. I guess the local office is not updated when you update the address at sercive center.

target2005,
Did your interview notice ever get sent to you in the end? Did you try correcting the address at the Miami office?

The rule of the thumb seems like "Never move to a new home after filing for any benifits from USCIS, until you get the benifit"

I never received my 2nd FP notice, its been more than 2 weeks since I completed the 2nd FP. I used faxed attorney copy. My case was transferred to Dallas Local Office.

compguy222,
This seems to hold true in many examples. But its not fair to have to put your life on hold for over 31 months, just because the USCIS can't use thier own system properly. :mad: :mad: :mad:

lawyer ?!!

curiousGeorge said:
compguy222,
This seems to hold true in many examples. But its not fair to have to put your life on hold for over 31 months, just because the USCIS can't use thier own system properly. :mad: :mad: :mad:

curious, if you don't mind, could you pls confirm if your law-firm is/is not fragomen et al ?!! thanks...

You can update the address while FPing

curiousGeorge

I also did change address and did all necessary formalities of ar-11 fax etc. However my case not complicated as yours. Still When I recd the FP notice it had old address we got the notices from our attorney first and later we got it mail forwarded ones.
When we went for FP, I filled out the new address on the form and during FP the officer had old address in their system, when he was confirming it I requested him to update it and he gladly did it I hope this process updates it in the system and any further communication comes to the new 1.

So my request is pl take all the proofs (registered email , photo copy of ar-11 etc) to INS office for FP and request them to update it and lets pray and hope at least this 1 works

Too late, they sent the interview notice to the wrong address. These people are idiots. The original is forever lost in USPS land. The copy went to my old lawyer's old address.

My infopass is for tommorrow. Takes 2 weeks to schedule it, so there's no way to quickly correct thier stupid mistakes. I may as well cancel it!

Now the question remains, will they send my plastic card tot he wrong address too? Its very possible after the incompetence they've demonstrated up until now.

Last edited by a moderator: