Transferred to Los Angeles

hjayadev

Registered Users (C)
Hi Everyone,
            I am one of the unlucky people who happened to have their cases transferred to LA on 3/23/01 for a future interview. I came to know about this through AVM.
My case details
CSC EB3 REG
PD - 9/95
I485 ND - 10/20/00
     RD - 10/5/00
     FP - 2/9/01
     NO RFE
Please post your experience about interviews in any local INS offices, this may help some body like me.

Thanks in advance

No Title

I think all cases with PD far back before 1996 are called for interview..This is to check current employment, tax returns etc...so take it easy..sont worry

No Title

Thanks for your nice reply. But since I had spent 6 years on literally death row (GC), I don\'t want to lose it at this time.

No Title

I don\'t know what will happen to my case...fingers crossed.

PD 8/95
ND 01/11/01
FP 03/15/01

No RFE....wife has received EAD..I haven\'t applied EAD and AP for myself....looks like I have to apply the both very soon.

No Title

hyadeva try calling CSC and ask for transferring case to Westminister office ( if u live in Orange county )...Its faster to get interview date there....I live in Valley and would do the same if i get interview notice..

No Title

PD2/96 - I also feel CSC wants to punish people who have older PD dates. I wonder if the other agencies treat priorities in such a tough way - say older people will be scrutinized for their tax returns by INS etc. I would think they ought to be a little liberal on us by processing our cases faster. they are hoping to find out if you have lost ur patience and went out of status in these 5 -6 years.

Were u ever out of status ie., worked illegally etc?

No Title

Hi kallumama,

Me and my wife just had our interview two days ago. My PD is Jan. 1996 and CSC transfered our files last May 2000. The officer who interviewed us said, the reason why CSC transfered our case is because to check if I\'m still working with the same petitioning company.
If you\'re still working with the same company, you\'ll be fine. All you\'ll need is a new letter from your company stating you\'re still in the same position as stated in your approved labor certification, income tax returns and W-2\'s and the rest is what ever your comming interview letter will require you to bring during the interview.
Right now all you can do is wait for the interview date. Believe me I know how it feels.

wfegtj

No Title

they can just do this via mail by RFE instead of putting everybody though some much red tape.