transferred to local

GreenCardNotYet

Registered Users (C)
I think I can get more reply here :)
-----------------------------------------

Hi, I just checked online status and it said that my files were transferred to Washington, DC yesterday(July 7) for an interview.

Does that mean I "have to" go through an interview? Is there any chance to get the card by mail without the interview once the files are transfered?

I thought that I didn't have to go through the interview. The interview process will take a few more months, right?

So my questions are:

1. any chance to get approved without the interview?

2. How long would it normally take to get the card with the interview(files were transfered on July 7).

Thanks for your prompt reply.

ND:1-09-2002<--edited to 2002 from 2001. Oops!
RD:1-17-2002<--- as above
FP:5-23-2002<--- as above
Transferred to Local: 7-07-2003
AP:??

Last edited by a moderator:
Transfer to local ...

'Transfer to local office' means that the officer (at the local office) needs to make a decision on your case.

So it up to you dude to show up for the interview or not.

:) :)

Hi there,

BCS transfers file to local BCS office means you have to go thru the Interview process. No way to get rid of it.

You'll get an interview letter from the local office. In the interview letter, they'll mention the interview date, time and the documents that you need to carry during interview. Not only the documents they will ask for, it is good idea to carry all the related documents you can think of ( like lease aggreement, phone bill, all the educational and experience certificate, tax returns, w2, employment letter, pay slips,.....)

The scheduling of interview date depends on the backlog of the local BCS office where your file has been trnasferred.

Hope this helps.

Good Luck

how long

My lawyer once told me that I might not need the interview. Oh well, he was wrong.

BTW, is there anyone who knows the backlog of Washington, DC?
I just want to do the "rough guessing" for how long it would take to get an interview date.

Thx.

Hi,
You definitely have to go thru the interview process.
You said that your lawyer suggested that you will not go thru the interview process - but how come the question of interview process popped up. Under normal circumstances interview or transfer to local office never happens. Do you know the reason for your transfer? Did you file in EB 1 category?

Hi,
Well when you apply for your green card you have 3 options -
EB 1 - Special talent people whose residency is of interest to USA. Example - High profile doctors or sports person or scientist.
EB 2 - People with Masters or higher degree in the field they are working in.
EB 3 - Speciality workers. This is the choice for most people. Example - Software people.

Depending on your situation you apply accordingly.
Processing time varies for the categories if you consider from the beginning. At I-485 stage all categories are treated the same as far as processing time goes.
People on EB 1 and/or EB 2 categories sometimes(remember not always)have to go thru the interview process to establish their petition.
What's your category? Also do you know the reason for your transfer?

EB-3

I'm EB-3.
My lawyer says there is nothing wrong with my application. It happens, says he, that half get approved while the other half get transferred. And he says it would take from 3 months to 6 months to get an interview, not an interview schedule date.

I guess I'm one of the other half unlucky. I can't find any reason for the transfer. I feel bad and very much depressed yesterday and today.