Transferred to local office - san jose probably

kuldeepc

Registered Users (C)
Just got information from the Attorney's office that our application has been transferred to a local office (most probably San Jose, CA). Am waiting for the transfer notice to know for sure. The web site has not been updated as yet.

Does this imply an interview for sure? Anyone has any experience in this regard.

My case should be plain and simple and I have been with the same company ever since filing. No job changes either.

Yes, I did send a fax enquiry and also raised an enquiry through the 800 number.

Any ideas how long it takes for local offices to process appplications further?

ruxrux,

Did you get your RFE ?

My case is very similar to yours.

RD : 08/2002
3EAD , 3 AP , Same employer through out the process. Still have H1B.
Transferred from NSC to Laguna Neigal (CSC ) 06/2004
2ND FP 04/2004

can someone pls confirm that the local office processing time is the date that the case was transferred and has nothing to do with ND / RD of the case, Thanks

What causes a tarnsfer to local office??

Any idea what causes a transfer to a local office ??

staycool said:
can someone pls confirm that the local office processing time is the date that the case was transferred and has nothing to do with ND / RD of the case, Thanks

The webpage pointed by ruxrux says that it is the filing date of the application or petition. Does it mean RD/ND of the application ?

My wifes AP got transferred between CSC and SFO local office couple of times. They always used to consider the date the case got to their office and not the one when the application was initially filed. It took 8 months for her to get the AP.

Kuldeepc, did you do second FP

When I spoke to IIO earlier, she informed me that my case is waiting for an interview. Does it also mean transfer.

mango_pickle said:
That is indeed bothersome. rux, On what basis do you say that CSC is getting back at people who did faxes?

I don't know, this is only speculation. I am just looking for a reason why CSC would decide they need an interview with kuldeepc, whose case is clean. Since there was a recent thread about why lawyers tell us not to contact IIOs (mine repeated that several times), I'm trying to see if there's anything in it.
Just consider:
1. CSC is approving cases on a random basis. They have JIT at 5/15 with thousands of pre-5/15 filers are still waiting
2. CSC is inundated with our faxes - just about anyone on this forum with older ND has sent a fax or two (average)
3. Lawyers tell us not to contact CSC
4. It is known that transfers to local office prolong your case by several months at least
5. CSC has shown a pattern of being unpredictable, unfair and disrespectful towards us

That's what scares me and then kuldeepc gets transferred.
kuldeepc - any arrests? are you on H1? has the airline always taken your I-94? anything?

Curious, if a case is transferred, do they not have to go for 2nd FP? Wondering if Kuldeepc had completed FP2? If you look at the stats of Kashmir it looks like no. of transferred cases = 70-80% of approved cases.
But we see more approvals on the forum than trasnfers which makes me think that these transfers are mostly for family based (assuming this forum is mostly Employement based). But Kuldeepc's case seems to be pretty strange though!!

Kuldeepc, Can you post a few details ?
Did you complete your FP2? Is your company size very small?

Thanks

I completed my 2nd FP about 4 weeks ago. results were received by USIC from FBI the same day.
I am currently on H1b. I have no DUI or arrest record what so ever.

I work for a publicly traded company with thousands of employees and profitable track record for years.

ruxrux,

We have almost the same case, probably we will get our approval on the same day! (I hope that will happen tomorrow)

WAC-02-103
nd 2-05-2002
2nd FP 6/8/04
3 EADs, still H1 w/same comp.
3 APs

Hope the best for everyone!

kuldeepc said:
I completed my 2nd FP about 4 weeks ago. results were received by USIC from FBI the same day.
I am currently on H1b. I have no DUI or arrest record what so ever.

I work for a publicly traded company with thousands of employees and profitable track record for years.

Please keep us posted about your case. This is a nightmare, I know. I wish you luck!

truska said:
ruxrux, We have almost the same case, probably we will get our approval on the same day! (I hope that will happen tomorrow)

Good luck, truska. Your case is amazingly like mine, likely same "officer". Our approvals are probably around the corner (have been for the past 2 months :) )

2% interviews..

INS for quality control purposes routinely conducts interviews on 2-5% cases. Most of these cases are picked on random not on the basis of any rationale.

Generally iterviews are mere informality, never heard of any rejections after interviews. As your case is squeaky clean, it should be a mere rubber-stamping exercise. Make sure you have all the documents handy when you go for the interview. Take it easy, it just means an additional delay pf 4-6 months.

INSBeats2death said:
INS for quality control purposes routinely conducts interviews on 2-5% cases. Most of these cases are picked on random not on the basis of any rationale.

Generally iterviews are mere informality, never heard of any rejections after interviews. As your case is squeaky clean, it should be a mere rubber-stamping exercise. Make sure you have all the documents handy when you go for the interview. Take it easy, it just means an additional delay pf 4-6 months.

Thanks. I have already waited fro 2.25 years and now 4 to 6 months more. Where do I look up for processing times for San Jose office? The I485 date for San Jose shows Jan 19, 2004. Is that the date of transfer of the case to the San Jose office? I guess I have to wait another 5+ months at least , like you said.

kuldeepc said:
Thanks. I have already waited fro 2.25 years and now 4 to 6 months more. Where do I look up for processing times for San Jose office? The I485 date for San Jose shows Jan 19, 2004. Is that the date of transfer of the case to the San Jose office? I guess I have to wait another 5+ months at least , like you said.
Hi, kuldeepc,
You can find San Jose Procesing Dates report at:
https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/officeProcesstimes.jsp?selectedOffice=72
and I-485 processing date at the latest report of 6/16/2004 is 1/19/2004.
It says:
The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services processes cases in the order in which they are received. Due to the high workload, most of the time your case is pending we will be processing cases that were filed earlier than yours. This chart tells you which cases the Office is processing and the date the cases were received by the Office..
How Do I Use Chart:
Locate the type of application or petition you filed under the heading “Form” or “Form Name”. Follow the form/form name across to the heading “Processing Cases with Receipt Date of”. The date shown in this column represents the filing date of the application or petition that is currently being processed at this Office.
I think that San Jose office should consider RD (or ND) of your I-485 application instead of transferred date.

Actually, the CSC had transferred a lot of cases in last December, and I think most of I-485 applicants transferred to San Jose had an interview in February or March.

You did a really great job for this community.
I think Mike Honda's office should support your individual case this time so that you can have an interview as soon as possible.