Transferred to Local INS in LA California.

Let me share the experience at the local INS at Santa Anna

Hello verylongwait,sm,Vipsa,

Let me share the experience at the local INS at Santa Anna. Recently I have received a notice on Jan 2003 from INS at Nebraska that the case has been transferred to Local INS Los Angeles.

I have taken some time from my schedule and made a visit to Local INS Santa Anna as I reside very close to this office. The person how gives us a number token asked us for the transfer notices, he looked at it and said that the notice says the case has been transferred to the LA office(which we already now) and asked us goto LA Office only. So, I have tried to explain him that I reside near Local Santa Anna INS blaw..blaw. He said that he could not help us, so we left the Santa Anna INS immediately to Work.

Later, I have asked my lawyer about going to the LA office and they have said to me to wait for 2 to 3 months. If I don’t hear any thing from the Los Angels INS Office after 2 to 3 months, then make a visit to Local Los Angeles INS office. Any suggestions can you people give us are welcomed. Should we wait…!!! or goto LA INS office.

Vipasa, what stand for JIT...??

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok this is my 1000th post.

Good to know that we have first had information on the not so bad wait on transfer times.

Kiran, JIt is a report that INS releases to AILA every fortnight (lately they've dropped to monthly), which tells AILA till what date have cases been assigned to officers. So if 485 JIT is 11/16, then technically, all cases before 11/16 have atleast been assigned to an officer.

A transferred case was at sometime assigned, so I doubt JIT applies to it.

I think it is a good idea that if your case has been transferred to local INS office then make a visit at least once in three months and ask about your status, there is no harm in that.

SM,
Congratulations on being a 1000 post holder, may be some day I will congratulate you on being GC holder, I am looking forward for that day.

Originally posted by vipsha
SM, you are right in some cases it might be 26 months, but think positive there are ppl who got interview call in just 2 months also. But yeah it is not fixed, it all depends on two things
1. Local INS
2. you luck
i think it's all depends upon luck..like me i have been waiting since june-02 did second FP on nov-20th-02 issued from LA INS office still waiting for an interview notice

Last week on 19th Feb 2003 we had been to the LA Local INS

FYI,

Last week on 19th Feb 2003 we had been to the LA Local INS. we reached their by 4.45 A.M and they open the door at 6.00 AM. The line was so big, by the time we got the Security gate it was about 1.25 P.M (8.5 hours we stood in line). Cleared the security and stood in another line to get the token number. As we stood in the line, INS did an announcement saying they are no more giving token numbers of the day. Being optimistic I waited till my turn and went and spoke to the Immigration Officer and explained about my case has been transferred to this Center and showed him the Transfer Notices. He looked into the system and said that they have transferred to the San Bernardino Office 14th Feb 2003. He asked to check in that office only for any further information.

On 21st Feb 2003 we made a visit to the San Bernardino Office. We reach there in the morning by 6.45.AM and they let us in by 7.45 and started giving the token numbers by case by case. We waited about 25 mins and they have called our number. The officer has asked for the transfer notices and give all the information that he could regarding our cases.. Saying that files have received on 20th and they have started working on the cases. He also said that, if we have not heard any thing form the INS office till 90 days. He asked us to make another visit to the INS office of San Bernardino.

I shall keep you all update regarding my case experiences.

we went for an interview on the 12th of march. the iio was very nice and friendly. the letter that we had received had only asked for certain documents, but we went prepared with more than what they asked for in the letter. anyone who goes for an interview, please make sure to get a payroll report from your emplyer. in most cases the employer will seal it in an envelope and give it to you. they dont ask for this document in the interview letter, but in the interview it somehow comes up.
our iio was just great and very freindly. the interview went on for almost 2 hours and the iio made us feel so comfortable. she asked me (the primary applicant) quite a few questions about my sponsor and then my husband (dependant) some questions. I tell you I couldn't have found anyone better to perform the interview. At the begining, I was very nervous but as we went along, she made us feel so comfortable. At the end of the interview, she tool our passports and started to take out the I-94 cards. I asked her why she was taking those out and she said she is going to stamp our passports for the approval and we should receive the plastic card in the mail. i asked her 3 times are u sure u are approving our green card and she said yes. its just been such a long wait for almost 5 years, i had tears in my eyes. but again she was an angel and GODS send.

we went for an interview on the 12th of march. the iio was very nice and friendly. the letter that we had received had only asked for certain documents, but we went prepared with more than what they asked for in the letter. anyone who goes for an interview, please make sure to get a payroll report from your emplyer. in most cases the employer will seal it in an envelope and give it to you. they dont ask for this document in the interview letter, but in the interview it somehow comes up.
our iio was just great and very freindly. the interview went on for almost 2 hours and the iio made us feel so comfortable. she asked me (the primary applicant) quite a few questions about my sponsor and then my husband (dependant) some questions. I tell you I couldn't have found anyone better to perform the interview. At the begining, I was very nervous but as we went along, she made us feel so comfortable. At the end of the interview, she tool our passports and started to take out the I-94 cards. I asked her why she was taking those out and she said she is going to stamp our passports for the approval and we should receive the plastic card in the mail. i asked her 3 times are u sure u are approving our green card and she said yes. its just been such a long wait for almost 5 years, i had tears in my eyes. but again she was an angel and GODS send.

Can anyone help me

My I140/485 was filled concurrently at VT center and my employer is also under VT center . I live in CA .Can any one tell me if my case will be decided at VT center or there are chances of transfer to loacl office.

Immilaw,

What is your current address at INS ?
Is it VT or CA ?

Chances are that your case will not transfer to CSC and will be considered at VT only. But you can never be 100% sure.

There are ppl on this board who lives in NJ and their cases are in CSC.

Since u'r address is CA It will most likely be transferred to CSC

CSC is better than VSC I think.

Hi,

I filed my I-485 in Vermont center. After I move to Ca, my case has been transfered to Ca for interview. But they only transfer your file if they think you need interview. Otherwise, they will approve your case.

Good luck!

Hi, Guys.

My case got transferred on April 21, 2003. when did your case got transferred?

How long have you been waiting for interview?

The online message of my case says "the scheduling can take months" which worries me.

Transfer to LA local office

Hi,

I am also one of the victim of transfers. My file was transfer from VSC to LA office because I live in LA area and changed the address. If you guy's know exactly how much time is taking to get an Interview. I called BCIS call center and they told me that it will take 2-yrs from the date of transfer. That time really scares me ..

Pls post your experiences..

Thanks,

Vipsha,kiran and other gurus

Hi Gurus,
I just got my LC from CA-DOL...after 2 yrs of looong wait. I would like to know if I should do CP or 485.
It looks like 485 they are working on nov/01 cases...and some people of april/2002 gets GC???
My attorney is suggesting me to go for CP, as my case will goto mumbai consulate..which the attorney think is better than 485.
I am on 7th year extension right now.
So,
1) Should I go with CP or 485?
2) What If I get interview after 7th yr h1 expires? Do I need 8th yr H1 extension?
3) When I get interview call, can I extend for few months..I may need to do this due to family issues.

Thanks for your help.
Desi145

LA local office transfers

Folks:

Here is the update.

- Local office transfer is not transferring to CSC, but in stead local offie.

- LA district office also does not mean LA office. If you live in Oracnge county, most likely that will be Santa Ana office.

- Mine is the same case (VSC to LA office transfer after RFE on 6/25/03) and i have verified my file (and that of spouse's) are now in Santa Ana office.

- Just got a 2nd FP notice from Santa Ana office, which seems that at least they are looking into the case.

- Not sure of current CP trand in Mumbai.

Feel free to mail me maald@cox.net

Can you tell us more about your experience in Santa Ana? Mine is the same case, at VSC, not yet transferred to local office