Transferred to Detroit, MI

Registered Users (C)
Our (Wife and Mine) I485 cases have been transferred to Detroit, MI. Any one recently went to an interview in Detroit? What is the wait time in Detroit? What are the documents I may need to bring to the interview?

Thanks in advance.

you have wait untill u see the interview letter.. wht they are asking for..

my case has been transfered to Detroit on Dec 21 2004. I am still waiting for interview letter... so wait wait :(

rkolmi,

Did you receive a letter from uscis saying that your case has been transferred.....

I received a letter yesterday and it says "this is to advise you that in order to speed processing we have transferred the above case to the following ins office....."

Did you recive same kind of message or different?

Thanks.

yes i received letter fromn NSC saying that speedy processing..
Untilll i have not received any letter from Local detroit INS...
Still waiting for letter

wait ?

My case also got transferred on 4th Feb to detroit - indicating for "speedy" processing it was transferred.. Is there any guideline as to when det. ins schedules interviews ? :confused: :confused:

I called them - they refused to give info on phone ? anyone knows how long is queue if i went there personally to get more info on my case and stuff ?

eb3 / pd - May 2001/ 485 ND Nov 2002/

GC_Canadian, Is your I-140 approved

gc_Canadian said:
My case also got transferred on 4th Feb to detroit - indicating for "speedy" processing it was transferred.. Is there any guideline as to when det. ins schedules interviews ? :confused: :confused:

I called them - they refused to give info on phone ? anyone knows how long is queue if i went there personally to get more info on my case and stuff ?

eb3 / pd - May 2001/ 485 ND Nov 2002/

GC_Canadian, Is your I-140 approved.

By the way guys. My case was transefered on Dec 2. I called Detroit INS and they said that my interview may get scheduled in Mid to End March? I havent received interview letter yet????

damnit

Please post details when you receive letter from Detroit local INS.

Thanks in Advance..

Damnit,

Did your transfer letter also say that it is for "Speedy Processing". Also do all speedy processing transafers get an Interview call?

Thnaks.

Yea, Mine says for SPeed Processing and Most of them get interview

Nebraskan said:
Damnit,

Did your transfer letter also say that it is for "Speedy Processing". Also do all speedy processing transafers get an Interview call?

Thnaks.
Yea, Mine mentions for Speed Processing and Most of them get interview

yes my 140 was approved in dec 2002

Damnit - My I-140 was approved in Dec 2002 - and yes my lawyer also told that there will be an interview.. But the person @ INS Detroit on phone refused to give any info.. guess will have to try some other time.. was thinking of going there.. what do you think damnit ? would that help getting better info ?

gc_Canadian said:
Damnit - My I-140 was approved in Dec 2002 - and yes my lawyer also told that there will be an interview.. But the person @ INS Detroit on phone refused to give any info.. guess will have to try some other time.. was thinking of going there.. what do you think damnit ? would that help getting better info ?

There is no trend you can guess, but try to talk to them. I went there twice but there was no use. They dont tell you anything. I would suggest call them after 2 weeks...

Damnit

Damnit,

Did you received any letter from Detroit INS.
Try to call customer service number 800-375-5283.
Today i called the customer service number for my EAD to file..
then one lady said if i wont receive any letter from Detroit. .about 485 case ..then they will follow up with detroit local for status.

let meknow wht you heard from customer service...

thanks in advance..

Nope

I didn't get any interview letter. I called I-800 number and they had put a enquery for Local Detroit. But my problem is my I-140 is not approved....God knows...

Just for information purpose

Talked to an officer in detroit office (left a message and he called back) according to him,
Detroit office received our cases on feb 22 (NSC transferred on feb 07)
It will take up to 90 days to schedule interview.

It may not be new information for you, but I want to share what I learned today.

Thanks

Interview

Received interview letter today, interview date April 6, 2005. Officer Delarosa, any one have any experience with this officer? Any one have any sample AC21 letter?

Thank you.

Good Luck !

Hey 9296,

good luck, I am yet to get interview letter - my case was Transferred to detroit on Feb 4th.. - I called them they did not give any info or dates except that i will get 2/3 weeks notice before an interview..

I wish you good luck for your interview..

Please post your interview experience once you are done with it..

Approved.

Interview time 8:00 am

Was there at 7:15 am

Got call at 8:10 am

Took Oath

Asked common questions from I-485 (Like "ARE YOU A MILLITNT"), answered "NO" to all of them.

Asked 'are you working with same company" said no and gave the new Employement letter, Financial statement of the new company and tax returns of the new company.

Asked proofs to show that we both living together, gave a bunch of documents where ever I can show both names.

Asked us to wait in the lobby, so that she can verify few things. After some time she came out with stamped passports.

She said it may take 6 to 12 months to get plastic card because we are in old system otherwise it only takes one month.

Thank you.