Transferred to another BCIS office. RD Dec 01

MGM

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,
My RD: Dec 28, 2001 and ND: Jan 11, 2002. Today both my and my wife's online message has changed to the following:

Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On March 11, 2003, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to another BCIS office for them to schedule and conduct your interview. Scheduling can take several months. That office will notify you when they schedule your interview or take other action on your case.

What do they mean by another BCIS office, is it the local BCIS office, Philadelphia in my case? But it that was the case shouldn't they have specifically mentioned which service center the files have been transferred to? Those of you who also were transferred to the local office for interview, did you get similar messages?

I am also in the process of preparing AP applications for both me and my wife as we have to travel to our home country in about three months. Now where should I send those applications to? Any advice or suggestions on the above issue will be greatly appreciated.

Our case was also transffered on 3/3/03 with same msg. Our lawyer got the letter and on that it says it was trasffred to newark INS. So basically it will be your local INS. It is just a new msg due to name change (of INS to BCIS). Just Another waiting game.

Yes, your case will now most probably be handled by Philadelphia center - you will see exact details when you receive a transfer notice from the VSC. One way it's not that bad - at least your December case is touched. As long as you are in the same or similar job, there should be no cause for worry except some delay (I am not sure how long it takes for interview at Philadelphia - I remember there's a thread started by Turkish_Engineer). I assume yours was a "regular" I-485 (not EB-1 or NIW). May be it was just a random transfer. Your interview letter will enumerate documents to bring.

In my view, you should apply for AP at local center where the case is transferred. If you submit AP application to VSC, they might (not 100% sure) transfer it to local center where your I-485 will be lying.

Best wishes,

Jigesh

Disclaimer: Personal non-legal point of view only.

Call VSC

You can call VSC. The AVM will play a voice message and will tell you exactly which local office your case is transferred to. It will also give you a contact phone number for that office. VSC phone number is 802-527-4913. Good luck!

kkg, jigesh, dengdeng, RD 1001,
Thank you very much for your input. I do not exactly know why the case was transferred. I did not change jobs. In fact, I am in my current job for the last 4 and half years. I hope that they scedule the interview as soon as possible.

My case has been transferred too

MGM,

My case has been transferred to and I don't even know the reason for that. I never changed job just like you.
I am interested to know what are the common things of our case. So that it might help us to dig out the reason for transfer.(may be).

Hi Pulse,
I do not think that we shall find any reason behind these transfers. In a lot of cases the transfers are random. Sometime they even transfer some cases to the local offices just to relieve the pressure from the center. Turkish Engineer compiled and posted an updated spread sheet which can be useful for us to have some idea about the expected time for the interview. Lets just hope that the interview is scheduled quickly for us and we are through with it as soon as possible. If not, we shall just continue to wait. The only problem for me is to get those APs approved from the local office. I wish I had applied for those earlier (before the transfer).

Do you work for a small company. Perhaps the size of the company could be a factor in you getting the interview call.

RD 12/26
ND 1/7

Anybody knows the telephone number for the Philadelphia Local Office. I received the transfer notice from VSC today and the number that is quoted in it for Philadelphia (412-644-3356) does not work. Should I also receive a notice from the Philadelphia local office acknowledging the receipt of my case? I am very confused.