Transferred for interview to Los Angeles

vineet26

Registered Users (C)
Hello All
Just received mail from USCIS, that my and mine spouses cases has been transferred to Los Angeles office fir interview.

On June 5, 2004, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to our office in LOS ANGELES, CA for them to schedule and conduct your interview. Scheduling can take several months. Our office in LOS ANGELES, CA will notify you when they schedule your interview or take other action on your case. If you need further information, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

I have changed jobs after 180 days of filing I-485 in approved I-140, and have changed the address a couple of times in the last 2 years (since I have filed the I-485), I guess that is the reason for the Interview......

We are planning to go to India for a vacation in the June end coming back in July end, so I am worried about the interview being scheduled while we are not here.

Does any one know how long it takes for the interview to be scheduled?

Also my company is a privately help company (Japanese company), so they did not provide the tax returns and the financial statements. Instead my lawyer, mentioned some law in the letter (ac21) to INS indicating since my company has more than 100 employees so they should not be required to provide financial statements to prove the ability to pay....do you think this could be a reason for the interview?

Thanks in advance

Vineet
EB-3, India, WAC021385XXXX
I-485 RD 03/18/2002
FP2: 01/07/04
date transferred for interview 06/07/04

mango_pickle said:
Did you get an RFE to show the financial statements ?

hello mango_pickle
No i am referring to requirement of showing Ability to pay at the time of sending in letter to USCIS indicating that I chnaged jobs as permitted under AC21. On the advise of my lawywer (ill concived advise) i informed USCIS of chaning jobs by sending the,m a letter to that effect when i changed jobs.

Does anybody has any idea how long does it takes before they schedule an interview at los angeles office? any indication is appreciated as i am deciding on if i should cancel my trip to india (first week of july 2003 to last week of july 2003) fearing that interview might be scheduled in july 2003 ?

regards
vineet

It is true. If your company has more than 100 employees, you can get a letter from your CIO/CFO ascertaining that and also that they pay the salary and are able to continue to do that.