Transferred case approved in Dallas

omsrisairam

Registered Users (C)
My case was transferred on June 3rd, appointment was at 1:30 PM on November 8th. Officer called us (my wife, lawyer and me) inside around 2:00 PM, took our signatures & fingerprints.

She had a trainee with her, so she was explaining each and every step to her. After administering the oath, the officer asked a lot of questions about our marriage, my schooling and job. She requested the new employment letter (I had changed jobs), 2 copies of W-2s and tax returns, marriage certificate, child's birth certificate, mortgage statement, passports, advance parole documents, all EADs, social security cards, marriage pictures & driver's license. Since she was training at the same time, she asked us a lot of questions about our marriage and was writing down all the answers on the forms (I think she was training for family based interviews). She also asked us all the routine security questions.

After about 25 to 30 minutes, she approved our 485s and stamped our passports and said we will receive the cards in 4 to 6 months time, but we can travel with the stamping.

Thanks for all who make this place what it is now, a great place to seek help, ask questions and support each other.

Wish all of you a speedy approval. Please let me know if you have any questions.

your interview letter

did your interview letter for you and your wife arrive in separate letters but the date was the same for the interview.

Today ... i got my interview date but my wife's has still not come in ... i am assuming I need to take her with me.

What did your letter say? Mine does not mention bringing photographs ... I am assuming for the stamp, I need to take the photographs with me ... right?

Thanks

waitintoooolong,
Please post your details , like when your case transfred to local office and other details of your case .........

All the best

waitintoooolong,

I'm not sure how the letters were sent. All communication goes to my attorney's office. My lawyer said we needed to take both the interview notices to get in. They had sent 2 copies of each notice and my lawyer used the ones that she had brought along.

My letter did not specify any photographs, maybe since we had already submitted them with the 485 application. The only pictures we took were our wedding pictures and our daughters' pictures. Even though my laywer mentioned that we don't need those, I had taken them just in case they ask for it, and guess what, they did ask for wedding pictures. Since the local office deals mainly with family based interviews, their questions tend to lean more towards that. My suggestion is, even if you remotely think that you need to take any documentation, please take them.

Good luck on your interview. Please let me know if you have any questions.

for omsrisairam

kshashikanth ... my details are posted at the end of this post.

omsrisairam ...

My letter just came in yesterday for an interview this next week so I kind of was caught off the guard because all my documents are way over every where (in office, in house, in bank locker (passport) etc). So I have started the process of getting all of that in one place.

Anyways ... It mentions in what looks like a GENERIC letter that I should bring I-864 (affidavit of support) but I think that is only for family based visas ??? correct ??? if yours was Employment based, did the letter ask you to bring I-864 also and did you take it with you ?

Thanks for your help ... I might have some more questions as I go along trying to gather all the information ....

EB3
RD: Nov 2003
AD - I-140: Early September 2004 I think
Interview Date: Nov 23, 2004 Memphis

waitintoooolong

waitintoooolong,

Mine was a generic letter too and it did mention the affidavit of support, but my attorney asked me to ignore it, since it is only required for family based GCs. She gave a much more comprehensive list of things that the Dallas office usually asks for.

I had about 6 weeks between receiving my interview notice and the actual interview date.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. I can also PM you my phone number, if you would like to talk to me.

Good luck.

Omsrisairam:

I haved replied to a RFE about employment verifitcation(pay stubs, w2's, verification letter, tax returns) and Medical. Today I see the status change as

"On November 16, 2004, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent
Residence or to Adjust Status to our office in CHARLOTTE, NC for them to
schedule and conduct your interview. Scheduling can take several months. Our
office in CHARLOTTE, NC will notify you when they schedule your interview or
take other action on your case. If you need further information, please call the
National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283."

Is this kind of a routine process?
What are the chances of rejecting it(God forbid)?
You have mentioned above that you took your lawyer along with you, is it compulsory?
I'm in India right now, Can I enter the US with AP?

Reply is appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
GC-4-All

GC-4-All,

I did not receive any RFE requests. Mine was just transferred. I had switched jobs after 180 days in 485, but my lawyer thinks this was not the reason for transfer, since they would have requested the current employment letter through RFE. My message after transfer was exactly the same as yours, except that it was transferred to the Dallas office.

From what my lawyer told me, they transfer some casses to reduce the backlog, since the interviewing officer did not give any reason for the transfer. She mentioned that she knows of only 1 or 2 cases that have been rejected, among all the cases she has handled.

I'm not sure about taking the lawyer with you, since my lawyer said she goes to all her clients interviews, and she did not charge anything extra for this. The officer did not ask anything to the lawyer except for her name. Also, I'm not familiar with entering the US using AP, after transfer, since I'm not an expert at these things. You might want to ask some experts here, who have a better idea about this.

Hope you get your interview and approval faster. Good luck.