Transferred again? What are these people doing?

NoVAguy

Registered Users (C)
My I-485 has been transferred again. This is just ridiculous! First I got an RFE for paystubs/employment letter back in Jan.04 Responded in March. About two weeks after they received my RFE response the case was transferred to Missouri Service Center. Lawyer called them up and they gave the usual backlog excuse. Was told to file my EAD renewal at Missouri Service Center since that's where all my documents were located. Did that, received receipt notice and did biometric stuff at ASC (Richmond Hwy) in May. Tried not to think about the I-485 too much, then on June 10th I got the status change update in my email. My case has been transferred once again, this time to an office in Washington DC. I am so frustrated. I think my papers would probably end up in every service center and local office in this country before I get any kind of decision on my case. Now I've been reading up on the forum with people that had transfers to Washington DC, and some cases that have been transferred since 2003 have not even received interview letters. I guess all I can do is have my lawyer call them up again. Has anyone had this experience before?

Hello NoVAguy, While I understand your frustration you have to also take into consideration that people with RD of 11/01/01 are still waiting for aprovals. I would say don't beat up these INS guys too much, let the process take it's own time ... you don't want the decision going against you if you tried too hard to push these guys. This is my two cents.

Don't worry too much, Washington D.C local office is not that bad. The average interview scheduling time is around six months. My case was transfered in Nov 2003 to this office and we had our interview and approval last month.

Hope this helps.

CMR