Transfered cases: AC21 and Interview document list?

bluesong

Registered Users (C)
Hi All Transfered:

I am starting a new thread here only for those have same transfered case to local offices.

Currently I still have puzzles for my local interview in near future:
1. How long it will take to schedule a interview? Does it vary from local offices to offices?

2. How long will it still take to get I485 actually approved AFTER interview?
Or what would be the chance to be denied?

3. Most importantly, what would be a complete list of documents to bring during interview, especially for a case with AC21? AND, where to get/prepare these documents (such as company financial conditions, taxes?)

I wish those experienced gurus can provide some lights. This will also be helpful for similar cases in future.

My special thanks to Ginnu for his critical advice in my last thread.
Thanks,

Bluesong

bluesong said:
Hi All Transfered:

I am starting a new thread here only for those have same transfered case to local offices.

Currently I still have puzzles for my local interview in near future:
1. How long it will take to schedule a interview? Does it vary from local offices to offices?
---YES it vary from local offices to offices

2. How long will it still take to get I485 actually approved AFTER interview?
---after Interview
Or what would be the chance to be denied?
----- depends on any crime or arrest records and every case is diffrent and has diffrent reasons for rejections
3. Most importantly, what would be a complete list of documents to bring during interview, especially for a case with AC21?
---- A) NEW employer letter that should state that they have permanent job offer for you after I-485 approval and your job title, skills, job duties should be same as on past approved LC
B) your Intent change letter that you have changed Intent and want to use AC21 and would like to work permanently with new Employer XYZ
C) new company financial
AND, where to get/prepare these documents (such as company financial conditions, taxes?)
--- you or your lawyer can prepare the AC21 letter and for company financial documents you have to ask new employer or his HR department or CPA
I wish those experienced gurus can provide some lights. This will also be helpful for similar cases in future.

My special thanks to Ginnu for his critical advice in my last thread.
Thanks,

Bluesong

Hi Ginnu,

Thanks again for your reply. I think I will go with your list carefully from now on.

I have a question for you: a friend of mine who just filed I485 recently dose have an arrest record last year(called simple assult). The case dropped and dismissed later. In case he get transfered to local, what he should do before interviewing? Should he hire a lawyer with him during interview?

I am impressed by your knowledge.
Thanks ginnu!

bluesong