Transfer - TSC to San Diego local office

desicowboy

Registered Users (C)
Will appreciate if you can shed some light.

My case :
PD - 07/2000
RD - 12/2001 (TSC)
ND - 12/2001 (TSC)
changed employer - 05/2003 (> 180 days).
New employer in San Diego
Moved to San Diego - 05/2003
FP - 07/2003
TD - 03/2004 (shown online)
AD - ??

I saw following online message ::
"On March 17, 2004, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to our office in SAN DIEGO, CA for them to schedule and conduct your interview. Scheduling can take several months. Our office in SAN DIEGO, CA will notify you when they schedule your interview or take other action on your case."

Qs

1) What are the possible reasons, they need to transfer my case to San Diego local office? They could have transferred my case to local office in Tx as well.

2) In normal scenario, what will happen next? whether I will be called for interview for sure or there is any other possibility? and how long it will take?

3) what is the worst case scenario?

4) I checked SD local office web site. it mentions that it is processing June 2003 cases. Is this transfer date or the date I485 was filed?

5) What are the pros and cons of them moving my case to San Dieog? (execpt it saving me airfare to Dallas, where it started)

6) what are the things I will have to take care from now on?

Thanks!

Qs
---->>>> A's
1) What are the possible reasons, they need to transfer my case to San Diego local office? They could have transferred my case to local office in Tx as well.
------>>> Since you moved to san diego thats y. change of service center/New employer all this factors triggered interview .
Also u r an AC21 case so take the AC21 letter with u to interview.

2) In normal scenario, what will happen next? whether I will be called for interview for sure or there is any other possibility? and how long it will take?
---------->>>> interview

3) what is the worst case scenario?
------->>>> u could die (kidding man). interview thats the best and worst.

4) I checked SD local office web site. it mentions that it is processing June 2003 cases. Is this transfer date or the date I485 was filed?
------------->>>>>>>> that date has nothing to do with your interview date, so relax. but yes ur interview could take anywhere from 2 to 6 months. mine took 3.5 months (LA based).

5) What are the pros and cons of them moving my case to San Dieog? (execpt it saving me airfare to Dallas, where it started)
------>>>>> u said it saving u airfare :)

6) what are the things I will have to take care from now on?
--------->>>> on interview day u should be in a position that u have ur EVL, AC21, last 3 paystubs, W2's and tax returns,proof of companies ability to pay(their financial/annual reports etc...), previous experience certificates, birth and marriage certi. That should take care of it and strictly in that order.

good luck to u buddy........

Hi MinKnowledeg1

Thank you much for sharing the valuable information.

As you mentioned about AC21 letter, do I get it from my company? Would you please post the sample, if you have one?

Thanks in advance.

AC21

Well, your EVL can work as an AC21. Just put all the details of AC21 in EVL.

But, If a separate AC21 letter then, AC21 says what is ur Job description and Pay rate etc... usually your lawyer and the company HR will know about it.

Take it easy and all the best ,

GC : - i did & u will get it too.

desicowboy,
I am in same boat like yours. Today my case has been transferred from TSC to a local office in CSC[They haven't mentioned the dist.office in the status message]. I live in Orange Co. Possibly it will be either at LA or Santa Ana. My questions are
1.Did you receive a letter for the interview?
2.My RD is 03/22/2002 at TSC. Will this date be considered for interview or do they have any other date?

I will appreciate your reply

Hi govgc

1.Did you receive a letter for the interview?

not yet....waiting and praying ...

:(

2.My RD is 03/22/2002 at TSC. Will this date be considered for interview or do they have any other date?

in my case it says...."it is transferred to local office (not CSC) for scheduling interview or further processing"

If yours is same case, your RD date won't apply for any processing at local office

my 2c....

minknowledge1,
I moved to Orange Co, two years ago and I informed INS/USCIS. Did you get the interview from LA office or Santa Ana office? My case status doesn't say where my file is transferred to! Did you get similar message? Could please tell me from where your file was transferred?

Current Status:

On April 5, 2004, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to an office in CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER for processing. Our office in CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER will send you a written decision as soon as processing is complete. You should receive a notice informing you that your case has been transferred to a local office. Please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283 to receive information about local office processing times.

desicowboy

here is the update. I received a notice from CSC in Laguna Niguel. it says that my case has been transferred to CSC[doesn't mention any Local Dist. office!] Also, the my case # and RD are the same as with TSC. But the ND says April 09, 2004.

Apart from this, the online message says that it takes between 730 to 730[I am not joking!] days for this kind of processing.

I will appreciate any kind of advice/comments/suggestions

hi govgc

It seems they transferred your file to CSC. Whereas, my case still belong to TSC but sent to local office for scheduling interview ......

Frankly, no idea how they will process your case further. one possiblity, they may consider your original receipt/notice date and accordingly approve it. I would suggest talk to your lawyer, he can guide you the best.

I received letter for interview. Will you know more after it.

Transfer - CSC to San Diego local office

desicowboy,

I checked with INS website and I was told that my case was transferred to San Diego local office for scheduling an interview. From your messages above, I think you have received an interview notice. Could you share with me when you are going to have an interview? what are the things they are asking for? Currently I am looking for an attorney. Could you also let me know who will be good on this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Hi ddya

Originally posted by ddya

desicowboy,

I checked with INS website and I was told that my case was transferred to San Diego local office for scheduling an interview. From your messages above, I think you have received an interview notice. Could you share with me when you are going to have an interview?

---->I had it yesterday. It has been approved. Got I551 stamp.

what are the things they are asking for?

---->Take all the documents as listed above by minknowledge1. Will post the questions later.

Currently I am looking for an attorney. Could you also let me know who will be good on this issue?

---> I talked to the attorney I went with to find out whether she would be interested in new case. Unfortunately, she said she can not take new cases reaching near the end.

desicowboy,
The attorney who was with you at the time of interview was your company attorney or the one hired by you?

I appreciate your reply

Interview at San Diego

ddya said:

desicowboy,

I checked with INS website and I was told that my case was transferred to San Diego local office for scheduling an interview. From your messages above, I think you have received an interview notice. Could you share with me when you are going to have an interview? what are the things they are asking for? Currently I am looking for an attorney. Could you also let me know who will be good on this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Hi, Ddya,

I just received email that my case has been transferred from CSC to
San Diego office for scheduling an interview. I wonder whether you have
received the notice for your interview, i.e., how long it takes from the San Diego office to schedule an interview. Thanks in Advance.

Sandiego178

Sandiego178,

Actually I haven't received Transfer Notice from CSC yet, and I have asked my attorney to handle this issue for me. Hopefully I will have interview notice soon. That's all information that I can share with you so far.

Good luck, :)
Ddya