transfer to local office

HumHongeKamyaab

Registered Users (C)
does the bcis tranfer to local office automatically if spouse has been added to the application after 485?

what r the advantages and disadvantages of this?

Does the BCIS transfer to local office automatically if spouse has been added to the application after 485?

In most cases yes but not for all. I have a friend who added his wife just about a year ago and got approved including his wife.

What r the advantages and disadvantages of this?

I don't see the disadvantages but it has more advantage for you to add your wife now than starting the process after approval. If they transfer it to local BCIS then it might add three or four months on your application to get approved if you wait and start a process after you got approved it will take years for your wife to get her GC (3-4 years). Even it is taking more than 2 years for Citizens to sponsor a spouse.

This is just my opinion it might be wrong. Act accordingly

Regards

thanks for the reply. so the added 3 or 4 months will depend on the local office?? i mean will a less busy local office invite for interview faster than a local office in a busy area.

What r the advantages and disadvantages of this?

I don't see the disadvantages but it has more advantage for you to add your wife now than starting the process after approval. If they transfer it to local BCIS then it might add three or four months on your application to get approved if you wait and start a process after you got approved it will take years for your wife to get her GC (3-4 years). Even it is taking more than 2 years for Citizens to sponsor a spouse.

This is just my opinion it might be wrong. Act accordingly

Regards [/B]

Yes, that is the general feeling. Sometimes, it takes longer at satellite offices as the case is routed thru the main office in that state.