Transfer to Local office - far away from where I live!!!

tsubs

Registered Users (C)
This is the latest status update I find on bcis.gov. What does it mean? I've been living in SF bayarea(CA) all thru' my GC processing and I am not sure how Miami, FL office has jurisdiction over my case!!

Is this normal?

-tsubs
WAC-02-05x-xxxxx

On July 16, 2003, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to an office in MIAMI, FL for processing. That office has jurisdiction over the case. They will send you a written decision as soon as processing is complete. You should receive a notice informing you that your case has been transferred to a local office, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283. To receive information about local office processing times.

If this is employment based, is it possible that the headquaters of your company falls in the Miami jurisdiction?
It is also entirely possible that BCIS made a mistake and sned your application to the wrong office. If I were you, I would call up BCIS and ask them why they send it to Miami, and if it is an error, notify them of it.
I know that the NCSC 800 numers suck and the IIO's are really not very helpful, but if you can speak to an IIO from the second tier, then he/she can send a notice to the service center.
Also, you can call up the miami office and ask them to look into why the case was transferred there and if it was an error, ask them to notify the service center.

ME TOOOOOO

Hi,
The same thing happened to me ! But my I 485 case was transferred from the VSC to the TSC. I live in CT and was shocked when I was told that my case was transferred. No one seems to know why ? can anyone help ?
Thanks,
Sarah