Transfer to Local office - AC21 case less than 180 days

ssr_gc

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

140 got approved in may'02.Applied my I-485 in may 2002, got laid off from company A(primary sponsor of GC) in June 2002.Transferred H1 to Company B in july'02. Got out of project in jan 2003. Joined company C in March 2003 using EAD(I-485). Sent AC21 letter with Company C mentioning job change with similar title and salary. Now my case got transferred to local office for interview. what are my chances of getting approval. Please share your thoughts/ideas. Gurus please help.

thanks in advance.

any thoughts guys....and i wud also like to know whether i need to hire a local attorney to accompany me for interview...BTW..i already have an out of state attorney, who won't accompnay me.

I think you should be perfectly fine and your case is supported by AC21. All the interviewer needs to know is that at present do you have a job with the similar title and job description and since CIS didn't touched your case in less that 180 days of filling I485, you are eligible for AC21 period.

There is a seperate thread for AC21 in this site and also you can visit Murthy.com chat and you will find solution to your problem. One of my friend got his GC recently who was laid off immediately after filling I140 and I485.

Just be carefull while talking to the interviewer. Unless and until they ask don't give long answers. Be short and precise to the question.

ssr_gc said:
Hi All,

140 got approved in may'02.Applied my I-485 in may 2002, got laid off from company A(primary sponsor of GC) in June 2002.Transferred H1 to Company B in july'02. Got out of project in jan 2003. Joined company C in March 2003 using EAD(I-485). Sent AC21 letter with Company C mentioning job change with similar title and salary. Now my case got transferred to local office for interview. what are my chances of getting approval. Please share your thoughts/ideas. Gurus please help.

thanks in advance.

Did your company informed the BCIS about the layoff? or Did they send any revocation letter before the six months? If none of these things happened you are fine. During the interview do not volunteer the information about the layoff unless asked.