glue2002

Registered Users (C)
RD/ND: November 2000
FP: March 2001
RFE 1 (employment verification): April 2001
RFE 2 (employment verification): January 2002
Category: EB3, Country - Other (no priority date),
Nebraska SC

My case seemed to be simple: No job change, no marriage during the entire process, country other, big employer with a company lawyer, NOTHING irregular.

I mailed my second RFE 2 weeks ago. Last night I heard the AVM message "On February 26 we transferred your I-485 to our office in Chicago for processing. Our office in Chicago will send you a written decision as soon as processing is complete."
Does it mean that I am going to come for an interview where I have to bring all the documentation, proof of employment, etc?
I was waiting for a decision in Nebraska hoping for a regular passport
stamping in Chicago where I live.
Had anybody else got such a message? Other users heard a slightly different message that their case was transferred "for an interview".

No Title

Lately I have seen quite a few cases being transfered to local INS. It is unfortunate that your case even though is simple has been transferd to local INS. I guess it is just going to delay the approval.

Are u sure your First RFE was in April 2001 as it seems to be quite fast and lot of time difference b/w first and second rfe? . R u referring to FP notice with yellow form in April to be your first RFE?
Also your first and second rfe is same about empl. verification?

What do u mean by no priority date?

First RFE date

I checked the dates of my FP and 1st RFE. They came about the same time and it was March 2001. Yes, it did seem fast so I had hoped to have it approved soon. I have no idea what was the second RFE for? My employer wrote the same letter as the first RFE. INS may have transferred it right away to Chicago. I just do not get it.
Any idea how long I have to wait for an interview in Chicago these days?

No Title

I don\'t know for sure but in my view it probably varies from 1 month to 3 month depending upon the load factor.

Have you received the reason why it was transfered?
Please post once you receive the notice from local INS or the reason for the transfer..

Best of luck

I don\'t know how it will effect finger printing as FP is valid for 15 months..

Wife\'s case transfered to INS Chicago

Hi glue2002,

My wife\'s is in the same boat.

I am the primary and I got approved on Feb 13, 2002 without an RFE. My wife\'s case got transfered to INS Chicago on Feb 20, 2002. The AVM gives the same response as the one you got. "On February 20 we transferred your I-485 to our office in Chicago for processing. Our office in Chicago will send you a written decision as soon as processing is complete."

RD 11/22/00. FP 03/21/01; FP redo 04/11/01

We still haven\'t received the transfer notice.

Keep the thread active with any developments in your case.

Chicagodude

dont worry it takes a month

to get your transfer notice and another 3 or 4 months to get an interview notice

Received the Transfer Notice

Me (primary beneficiary)and my wife (dependant) just received the Transfer Notice today. It reads " This is to advise you that in order to speed processing we have transferred your case to the following INS office for processing: Chicago, IL. That office will notify you of the decision made on the application or petition."

Not Yet Received

Hi glue2002,

We have not yet received the transfer notice. Will post as soon as we receive it.

Update this thread with any new developments in your case.

Chicagodude

Any Update with your cases

glue2002,

Did you receive any notice for interview ... Did ur lawyer give you a time frame when you might be scheduled for interview ?

We still havent received the transfer notice.

Chicagodude

Another transfer to Chicago....

Just yesterday I got a letter saying that my case is transferred to local Chicago INS office for "faster" processing. I saw that Chicago INS processing times for I485 is 20+ months. I don\'t understand what is "fast" about it....

Does anyone know what is the realistic processing time for these cases ? Will it be treated as a new I485 case at Chicago INS or do they have different processing time for transferred cases ?

RD, ND: March 2001

Thanks

case transfer to cincinnati office

I got a notice from INS that our case (my wife and myself) has been transferred to local INS for "fast" processing. How long does it take in Cincinnati? Where can I find the info>? CAn anyone please help me?
Thanks