Transfer to boston on may 12, 2003

chinniusa

my case transfer to boston on may 12, 2003 and Interview date sep 17,2003:eek:

Here are my details:

RD 12/26/2001
ND 12/26/2001 (Both dates are same)
EB2(future employment, working with company A and applied GC thru company B).

Interiew documents as per boston office

Passport
I94
Arrival/Departure records
Employment letter
Eligibility for Adjustment of status

Question guys what is ment by Eligibility for Adjustment of status?

:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are my details:

RD 12/26/2001
ND 12/26/2001 (Both dates are same)
EB2(future employment, working with company A and applied GC thru company B).

Interiew documents as per boston office

Passport
I94
Arrival/Departure records
Employment letter
Eligibility for Adjustment of status

Question guys what is ment by Eligibility for Adjustment of status?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Chinniusa, I think INS is asking for anything that can support
your intention to change your status, e.g., the I-140 approval notice. Wish you good luck.

Did you get approved ?

Hi chinniusa

Did you get approved ? Your interview was on 9/17/2003 right ?

Thanks,

Toughba.

I-485 interview@Boston - Finally done!

I-485 interview@Boston - Finally done!
I'm very happy to inform you all that our struggle for US green card is finally over!

On (9/17), we(me and my wife) were interviewed at Boston office and stamped our passports. Many thanks to
folks at immigrationportal.com.

My case background:

Had I-140 approved from Company B and employee of Company A. Our cases were transfered to Boston
office on 5/12/03 for an interview on 9/17/03. We were also asked to give our second FP

Interview Day:

We were in JFK building by 8:30Am for our 9 Am & 9.30AM interviews. Our lawyer had us sign and finger
print(index finger only) a form, which he later handed over to a receptionist in interview waiting
room(room number E-170). Exactly @ 9 Am an officer(VERY NICE GUY) called both of us and we followed
him to his room along with our lawyer.

The officer asked us to stand and raise our right hands. Officer also said some words(I can't remember
what it was) and we said YES to him. We were asked the following docs by the officer:
Passport(With I-94), EAD, Employment letter and Drivers Licence

Some standard questions from 485 Application asked. The officer took our I-94s and EADs. Looks like
our security checks were done before. Around 9:30AM, the officer told us that he's gonna check
whether the visa numbers are available. The officer left the room and came back after 10 minutes.
He asked us to leave our passports and EADs and wait outside.

After 30 minutes, the officer came out with stamped passports. He mentioned that we shall be
getting our plastic cards by 3-4 months.

RD: 12/26/01
TD: 6/12/03
2nd FP: 7/03
ID: 9/17/03
AD: 9/17/03

Hi chinniusa,

Congratulations on getting approved !!! I am in the same situation that you were. I work for Company A but my GC is being sponsored by Company B for future employment. I have a gew questions for you. I would really appreciate it if you can answer these:

1) At the time of the interview ,did you have to submit an offer letter from Company B proving that you have a valid job offer ?

2) Did the officer ask you why are u not working for Company B now if you plan to work for them in the future.

3) Was there a difference in you current salary and the future salary being offered by Company B.

Thanks.

Future Employment Questions !!

Hi,

My 485 is also based on future employment. My RD is 12/18/01 and I am also expecting an interview call.
Did they ask you any thing specific to future employment ? Did u just have to take employment letter ?

Thx

Actually two months back joined company B , who sponsored the green card and @ the time of interview had employeement letter from Company B and few pay stubs