• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Transfer of winner notifications

Nexus

Registered Users (C)
May be this is a very silly question but I haven't seen anyway. Can a selectee of the DV transfer his selection letter to a not selected person? At the end, if both people fulfill the requirements and the 7% quota per country is not filled for the US is the same. I know that if this would be implemented it will create a black market for winner notifications. But, I have several friends who don't want to move to US who could transfer me their selection for free. Just wondering.

May be this is a very silly question but I haven't seen anyway. Can a selectee of the DV transfer his selection letter to a not selected person? At the end, if both people fulfill the requirements and the 7% quota per country is not filled for the US is the same. I know that if this would be implemented it will create a black market for winner notifications. But, I have several friends who don't want to move to US who could transfer me their selection for free. Just wondering.

No.

Even thinking about this logistically, it's a no. It would not be your name on the initial selection, it would not be your date of birth and the picture on their selection would not match yours.

corptio classes

But, I have several friends who don't want to move to US who could transfer me their selection for free. Just wondering.
Tell your friends not to participate in coming DV lotteries anymore;then hopefully someone who really deserves and wants to go to USA may be selected.

But, I have several friends who don't want to move to US who could transfer me their selection for free. Just wondering.
Why the hell did that jerks play the lottery? :mad:

Guys,

None of friends played the lottery. I was asking about transferring the winner notification because if that we will be possible, i would ask to my friend to play and if any of them get selected then he will transfer me his winner notification.

@slash_dot: I know all the info appears in the NL. My question is if there is a legit way through like, i don't know, writing I letter "i had been selected in the DV lottery, but i would like to transfer my NL to this person.... who also played but he wasn't selected"

@slash_dot: I know all the info appears in the NL. My question is if there is a legit way through like, i don't know, writing I letter "i had been selected in the DV lottery, but i would like to transfer my NL to this person.... who also played but he wasn't selected"

No, there is no such mechanism or possibility.