Transfer of Application between service centers

chetanmn

Hi,

I am residing in Irvine, CA and my work place is also in Irvine, CA. My company applied for my H1B and it was filed on 20th of April 2006. However, it was filed in the Vermont Service Center (East Coast). I received an update today, indicating that my processing will be done in the Texas Service Center.

Is this ok? Has this happened to anyone in the past? My attorney says, this is quite common and also due to the large number of H1B processing, this should be ok.

Please let me know more about this.

Thanks
Chetan

For it to be happening in TSC is a bit surprising. They were suppose to process all the H1Bs either at VSC or CSC.

My case also got transferred to Texas Service center. When I enquired with the sposoring company, found out that it had happened to all the cases they filed in Vermont.

:confused: Even my case got transferred to Texas Service Center from Vermont Center. It was an H4 to H1b transfer case (regular processing).

Did any one hear about any updates on thier application status so far from Texas Service Center (or VSC) ?

Pls respond

Petition processing transfer and receipt date issue

Hi,

My petition was filed on April 28th 2006 in vermont and i started tracking my status using the website. All of a sudden the petition was transferred to texas service center. Earlier I used to check in Vermont website and it was showing a receipt date of 28th. Now the online status shows that petition was received in texas service center on June 20th!! Attorney says that its something internal to INS. But I am worried if this will cause any delay in processing. As such they wud take 3-4 months to decide. Dont know if this would cause further delay.

Did any in my situation? Any inputs on this will be highly appreciated!!
Thanks!!

FYI.... I got my h1b approved (COS from h4 to h1b) via premium processing as i had no idea how much time would it take to get the approval with the normal processing after transfer of case from vermont to texas.

similar situation visa request transfered

dudeFromMN said:
Hi,

My petition was filed on April 28th 2006 in vermont and i started tracking my status using the website. All of a sudden the petition was transferred to texas service center. Earlier I used to check in Vermont website and it was showing a receipt date of 28th. Now the online status shows that petition was received in texas service center on June 20th!! Attorney says that its something internal to INS. But I am worried if this will cause any delay in processing. As such they wud take 3-4 months to decide. Dont know if this would cause further delay.

Did any in my situation? Any inputs on this will be highly appreciated!!
Thanks!!

appliction sent april 3, uscis formal receipt notice april 17, uscis case online shown april 17, now uscis case online shows June 30, in my case it *does not* say anthing about *exas service center*, does yours say so? USCIS case online says *your case was received here* ...what is *here* ?

Mine was initially sent to Vermont. Receipt date May 17th. It got transferred to texas on August 17th. Case was approved on August 29th.

Your lawyer/employer should get a transfer note with initial receipt date. If it is incorrect I was told a lawyer can call in and have it corrected.

Hopefully it helps.

T.A