Transfer of 485 case-Should I?

ramtajogi_485

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys need some advice :
1. Changed jobs using AC 21 portability, 485 -ND date nov 2001.
2. Moved out of TSC area to Nebraska area.
3. Filled AR 11 for change of address notification, address of the new place falling under Nebraska.

4. Attorney says we should apply for Transfer and even if we dont and if I provide a Washington-state address instead of the Texas one, BCIS may transfer the case, even if we dont ask,

5. I have the option of maintaing a Texas address, should I ask for the transfer and provide the new Washington State address on the new forms or should I continue with Texas for now.

KIndly let me know ASAP, Was Fingerprinted in Feb 2003.

Thanks

Ramtajogi_485

Address Change

Does it matter? Not in my opinion.

My case has been with TSC for almost a year and I have been in Nebraska Service Center for almost a year, they haven't transfered my case yet.

If you think NSC is any faster than TSC, then I guess you should try to get it transfered, otherwise what's the point? I know guys in NSC also who had to renew their EADs/APs several times.

However, if you find out that transfering to NSC from TSC has any advantages, please let me know. In that case I may also consider that if it is not too painful.

transfer

The only reason I would think is the processing times are different for NSC and TSC, in NSC the current i-485 date is 08/10/2001 as opposed to the TSC which is 01/02/2001, but we allhaev seen the dates dont really mean anything, never theless if the NSC date is past my Nov 2001 ND date then maybe we can prod the BCIS for some replies .. thats my thought process.. given how desperate we all are.. but then again they may not even transfer..

You should inform

Please learn in this country that always tell the truth, at least to the government.
if you have moved to a new location, you should positively inform TSC about new address. If you are maintaining a Texas address in your applications, what type of AR 11 did you fill? Does this mean that your addresses in AR 11 and 485 application do not match or both are wrong?

Well, You should inform TSC about new correct address and watch if they change your case to Nebraska. Mostly they will not as it is close to be approved any way. Infact, this may move your file and may cause an unprecedental approval.

any downfalls

The AR 11 has the new address on it, according to the attorneys if I want I can leave the application in TSC rather than NSC, but again BCIS may do it based on the address change, I will have to inform BCIS of it anyway of the address change, but whether to request for a transfer of the file is what my question was more of.. but thanks for your Inputs.. ANybody else has a different opinion and any downfalls of transfer ???