Transfer Notice

mathew

If anybody has received the transfer Notice to local INS office,
Can you please share the information like anything to worry,reason,
how much time to get the letter from local INS office? etc.....

absolutely no idea

i\'m in the same boat as u r..i got my spouse\'s I-485 xferred to local LA office but not mine..when i spoke to somebody at 1-800-375-5283 they say local office take more time than service center and in LA for 485 cases it takes 24 mnths..so i thought texas to LA office ..bad to worse..so i haven\'t heard anything from them.

pls update this discussion when u get any updates from tsc or ur local office

My case also transfered to Orlando Local INS

Any idea how long it takes to get the interview notice

natural

Even my wife case was transfered and mine was approved. So we are in same boat. Did you get the approval for your case.
- Any problem with your spouse Medical
- Is she working.
- How about Marriage and Birth certificate.

Just wanted to find the reason for case transfers

Regarding 24 months, I think they told you the time for processing the application from scratch. For these transfered cases they should not take more then 2-6 months. Check with them again and tell them about the transfer.

no probs

Hi munu,
my case has not been approved bcos our case was applied two & a half mnths back only.

- no prob with my spouse medical
- she doesn\'t work - H4 visa
- no probs with marriage and birth certificates

my details
EB2,INDIA,
rd:1/16/02
nd:1/17/02
fp:2/2/02
no EAD
Spouse 485 xfer to LA:4/1/02

I called these folks (1-800-375-5283) twice and both of\'em gave same reply..i don\'t hav an attorney to contact bcos my employer applied himself to save attorney\'s fees.

did u speak to anybody - ur lawyer or somebody at TSC? any updates pls post here.

thanks

No Title

My case was applied in VSC because of my Company. I spoke to my lawyer and he is also surprised to see this. What my guess is now a days in order to reduce the backolog, for all the cases which needs RFE, they are transfering it to Local INS office.
Anyway we have to wait till we get the notice.

Not all local transfers are becoz of a problem.

I personally know many local transferres who went to the interview nervous (with all the documentation) and all that was verified was one misplaced document or one small misunderstanding about a document.
All local transferees just review your documentation (or ask your friend to go thru it) and just be prepared to answer a probing question on one of the document submitted.

Do not have to lose sleep on this.

No Title

It\'s OK if you are still with the same company or in the same field or it wiil be..........