Transfer EB3 to EB2

shahdharam

Hi,
My labour was filed in EB3 whereas I am eligible for EB2. Is it possible to transfer from EB3 to EB2.Ifso what is the process.
Regards,
Dharmendra

shahdharam said:
Hi,
My labour was filed in EB3 whereas I am eligible for EB2. Is it possible to transfer from EB3 to EB2.Ifso what is the process.
Regards,
Dharmendra

Sure! File another labor certification with requirements that permit an EB-2 filing.

Hi
I am also pondering about applying for EB2 perm. I currently have an approved EB3 I-140 with PD of Mid of 2003 which is pending consular processing. SInce EB3 has retrogressed so behind I was pondering on filing an EB2 PERM through the same employer (since I had a Master's degree before I joined the current employer) and having my EB3 PD of Mid 2003 TRANSFERRED to the future EB2 petition. I have some questions related to the future EB2 PERM petition, could someone please clarify on it

1) If for some reason my EB2 PERM DENIAL happens at the Labor or I-140 or I-485 stage, will current EB3 petition with pending Consular processing be AFFECTED by any means? If it gets affected can you let me know WHY it will get affected?
2)Can EB3 petition pending with CP and future EB2 petition (with possible I-485) both proceed parallely ie Can both petitions be running INDEPENDENTLY and PARALLELY? If not how are both processes considered to be running?

Thanks in advance

Could someone please comment on it please.

rrajendr said:
Hi
I am also pondering about applying for EB2 perm. I currently have an approved EB3 I-140 with PD of Mid of 2003 which is pending consular processing. SInce EB3 has retrogressed so behind I was pondering on filing an EB2 PERM through the same employer (since I had a Master's degree before I joined the current employer) and having my EB3 PD of Mid 2003 TRANSFERRED to the future EB2 petition. I have some questions related to the future EB2 PERM petition, could someone please clarify on it

1) If for some reason my EB2 PERM DENIAL happens at the Labor or I-140 or I-485 stage, will current EB3 petition with pending Consular processing be AFFECTED by any means? If it gets affected can you let me know WHY it will get affected?
2)Can EB3 petition pending with CP and future EB2 petition (with possible I-485) both proceed parallely ie Can both petitions be running INDEPENDENTLY and PARALLELY? If not how are both processes considered to be running?

Thanks in advance

I have the same query.Can anyone please reply?

I also propose to file for a Eb2 labor under Perm and once approved want to port the I-485 petition to my EB3 labor having priority date of June 2002.

Does my EB2 labor certification that i proposed to file have to be in the same Job code,category or title? I have filed my earlier EB3 as "Sales Engineer", can i have my EB2 labor certification with Title " Software Engineer" and be able to port the Priority dates for my I-485 petiton?

Regards.