Transfer Cases to Chicago Local INS

gotu

Registered Users (C)
Pl. post your details here.

RD/ND 03/01
Transfer to Chicago INS - somewhere in Feb/Mar 02
as no letter ever received by either me or attorney.
Interview Date - last week of july '02

Did contact my congressman.

Details

RD/ND 12/01
FP 03/02
Transfer to Chicago INS on April 25, 2002 "to speed up processing".
No interview date yet ...

Transfer to Chicago - For Gotu

Hi Gotu,

Just need some more info.

When did you contact the senator's office? How long did it take after you talked to them? I believe you contacted Senator Fitzgerald's office.

Our case is similar to yours.

RD 3/2001
Xfer 2/2002

Neither us nor the lawyer ever received any transfer notice. Just the AVM said the case got xferred. Since then no news. Went couple of times to local INS office. Filled out a yellow form, no response. We called up senator's office 2 days ago and waiting for some form they are sending, that we have to fill out.

So any info you give will help us feel better!!

Thanks in advance!!

My wife and I finally got our I-485 interview notice from INS Chicago.

Our ND was 4/01 and FP was done in 5/01 [EB3].
Transfer from NSC to Chicago was done in 1/02.
*** We received no transfer notice, nor did my lawyer receive a courtesy copy

Finally!!! Our interview is scheduled for 8/29.

We had to renew our EADs and just did it about a month ago. This week we are also scheduled to go to the Chicago INS office to pickup our AP renewals. Although we don't need the AP's at this point, what the heck -- it was paid for anyways and so we'll pick it up on the scheduled date.

:)

My case got transfered to Local Chicago INS on June 2002.
I haven't recieved any notification from them, neither do I expect to receive one. I was just curious if I can be proactive and just
contact the congressman either by myself or through my lawyer.

I wanted to know what approach you took. Did you contact the congressman yourself? or had your lawyer type a letter?

Who was the congressman? The one in my area is Rod Blagaovich.

Or did you contact a senator (Peter Fitzgerald - Rep)?

Can you share some of the details, please? I will really appreciate that.

My i-485 RD is Feb 12th 2001. RFE recd date at Nebraska was April 2002. Case Transfered to Chicago in June 2002.

Thank you

re

you have to contact your local senator/congressman.
i contacted congressman crane .

its your 485 so why should ur lawyer type your letter
for contacting senator?

it normally takes 60 days to get a response from them.
you can always call them up to find out as whats going on if
you dont get response.

local ins interview @Chicago

I have the interview on second week of september at Chicago INS office. ND 03/01 . I have some questions .

- If I don`t go with my wife as I will be in business trip to the interview will they deny her? Can I postpone the interview date as I can not postpone my business trip?
Which one is better sending her alone or changing the date of the interview?
Thanks in advance.

for ur spouse

you HAVE to go with her. there is no way she can go alone
unless you are filing 485 based on her job.
if you can go change her interview dates

For KaiserSoze

I saw your question. We are in similar situation. Our case was transferred in Feb 02 and ND is 4/01.

We contacted Senator Fitzgerald's office (in Chicago) but had a bad experience. The lady there (case worker) was very rude and also it's been 2 weeks since we contacted and she hasn't even sent us the Privacy act release forms (without which they can not proceed with anything) and also she does not have any written case details from us. We called her up couple of times and apparently she is very busy.

We were just appalled with her behavior because she herself definitely sounded an immigrant (heavy accent).

Later we contacted the congressman's office and they faxed the required documents the same day. And the person that we talked was very professional and helping.

So now you can decide.

case approved.

interview was smooth. no questions asked.
was out in 20 minuts. PP stamped same time too.

Congratulations gotu!

Can you provide more details about your preparation, what you took to the interview, etc when you get a chance?

My details:

EB2- RD 08/00; ND 09/00;
Case Xferred to Chicago in the last week of March 2002.

Still waiting...

Qn to She8me

Hi,

Can you tell me how long it took the Chicago office to approve your EAD? My lawyer must have applied for my EAD at the end of last month, so I want to get an idea.

Thanks.

Inquiry to local INS in chicago

Our case is similar to lot of other people here. Primary applicant got approved but spouse case got transferred. What I want to know Is there any specific time period one should wait before sending the inquiry letter to local ins say 90 days or so or I can be proactive and send the letter soon. My spouse case was transferred 2 months back to local ins.

Also I am planning to send an inquiry myself. Is this a problem or one should always direct inquiries from the lawyer.?

Lastly if anybody has sent an inquiry can you provide the format and procedure to send an inquiry letter?

Thanks in advance
localins

for localins

I think for submitting an inquiry to the local INS, you have to fill out one of their forms. and they say that they will reply within 90 days.

We filled that out 4-5 months ago and we never received any reply. Even our lawyer submitted the same form abot 2 months ago and no answer yet. I don't think they really bother to reply.

Probably your best bet would be to contact a congressman's office. (I do not recommend senators' office because surely senator Fitzgerald's office is not much helpful . The case worker is very rude, and totally not willing to help. I read similar experience for other people with this lady on other websites too). We had contacted senator's office and wasted 3 weeks in that. The congressman's office has been helpful so far.

By the way our details are:
RD 3/01
Xd 2/02 (based on AVM)
haven't heard anything so far.
now we should hear something form the INS by 9/2 (congressman's office got a letter).

Hope this helps.

Good luck!!

thanks indelb for your info

Do you know which form has to be filled up.

I dug up the following information for finding out the status?

http://www.ins.usdoj.gov/graphics/services/finding.htm

According to this they say just write a letter to local INS.

As our case is pending for only 2 months I'm thinking of giving a shot myself initially and if in another 2 months I do not hear may be I'll contact local congressman office.

Keep on updating this thread if you find out more..

thanks again..

I am also on same boat lets telly our transfer dates

Hi All,

My case got transfered in First week of May from VSC to local Chicago INS office, Can we update/share our experie once again???

RD - 03/01
ND - 05/01
TD - 05/02

My case was transferred to Chicago to "expedite processing".
TD: 9/11/2002

Has anyone been called for an interview with a TD after 2/2002?
Please post details so that we can keep track of the progress.

Thanks.

Hi Guys,,, Help me

This forum is very interesting, Please let me know on what situations the Cases will be transfered to Local INS.

Are you guys on employment based GC or something different.

You reply is highly appreciated

My transfer notice said that it was done to "expedite processing".

I am on employment-based GC.

I don't know the reasons for the transfer.

Message for indleb,she8me,gotu or anybody who had intvw at Chicago local INS

I recently received my interview letter after 8 months of wait

I just noticed in the interview letter asking to bring approved I-140, Medical Records in a sealed envelope and It is written that everybody was sent a fingerprint notice and we did not receive the notice although my original FP are still valid.

Do we have to get Medical done one more time and take the report?

As I am the secondary applicant I do not have I140 and my spouse(primary applicant) has only the photocopy of the approved I-140 and not original. Did they ask for original I-140 approval

Did you take your attorney? If yes Did it help?

How long after your intvw you received the approval notice?

did you get the passport stamped on same day or were asked that you will receive it in the mail?
if inmail Did the approval notice gave any fixed date/time to come for I-551 stamp or you have flexibility to take I-551 ?

Anything else you want to share about your interview which might help me.

thanks so much in advance