Transfer Case - Interview Scheduled

sripree

Registered Users (C)
All,

I received the Interview Notice. The Interview is scheduled on 14-JUN-04 at 12:15 PM.

I have been asked to bring the following.
1) All passports
2) Entry Documents
3) I-94
4) Birth Certificate
5) Photo-ID
6) FORM I-693 (Medical) if I had not submitted earlier. I already did
7) Current Letter of Employment

The Last Line says bring Form I-864 Affidavit of Support and Last 3 yr tax returns from Sponsor and Co-Sponsors.

I am not sure whether the above is applicable to me as it looks to applicable only for Family Based. I will talk to my Lawyer and confirm it.

Spoke to my Lawyer and she said that this Office only does Family Based Application so It would be safer to bring the Tax returns also.

ND - MAR 2002
FP - JUN 2003

3 EAD's.

Hello

My case has been transferred to the Los Angeles district office, so I am trying to determine how long it takes from the moment the case is transferred to the time the interview is scheduled and then the time before the interview actually happens.

Any information is highly appreciated.

Vineet

sripree
Is there any change on your online staus after your interview was scheduled?

Sripree,

I-864 Affidavit of support is only for family based petitions. Do not worry.

Most important docs you want to carry are your LATEST EMPLOYMENT VERIFICATION LETTER and your TAX RETURNS (if possible, for all years since you entered this country). I received exactly the same letter from the Dallas office but was suprisingly asked to prove that my wife and I still STAYED together. Out of the blue. Anyways, we showed some photographs, insurance cards (car and health) and got away.

It is very straight forward.

Good Luck.

Jaysee

Jaysee,

Thaks for your wishes.

I have all the documents with me. My lawyer told me that we will asked to prove that our marriage is not valid. So I taken copies of our House Deed, child birth certificates. I guess I will take a recent photo of ours.

As the days nears, the pressure just keep building.

Anyway which offie did you go to . 3010 N stemmons frwy??.

If so what was your officer number. Mine is officer 3.

sripree -- Marriage Based Cases -- Interview

If the interview is centered around your marriage (and it should be to prove your marriage is valid and not as mistakenly indited in your response), you may need to consider taking the other documents as elucidated below:

1. Previous Tax Returns that show MARRIED-FILING JOINTLY.
  2. Photographs of Civic as well as Religious Ceremonies of the Wedding in question.
  3. Marriage License and Birth Certificate for both the spouses.
  4. Marriage invitations (even in vernacular is ok).
  5. Apartment Leases / House Deeds.
  6. Joint Bank Accounts.
  7. Health / Dental / Life / Car Insurance Coverage.
  8. Birth-Certificate/Passport of the children (if any).
  9. Complete review of all your intimate details regarding your married life.

sripree,

I think I went to 3010 as well. N Stemmons.

Nothing to get worried about ... the officers are very courteous and gentle.

As poon ... has suggested, a couple of marriage photos should help.
If you have kids, their Birth Certificate should have both your names. The funny thing is in my case, by mistake, I had taken the hospital discharge certificate instead of my kids' BC. On showing it to the officer, she returned it back with a smile and said "This just states
Baby Boy
Mother's Name: XXX

"
Absolutely no mention of dad.

Just reme,ber, all they are look at is the validity of the marriage cause you know there have been a lot of cases where couples show they are married for purposes of GC only.

Don't worry man!

Jaysee

Photos for Stamping ?

Can anybody advise me if we need to take photos also (2 or 4 copies) for passport stamping after I-485 Interview ? The letter does not indicate as such.

Thanks.

Just back from the EB based interview at Dallas office.

I took pictures..but the officer took the pictures from the transferred file...did not ask for the new ones....

about interview...it is like pre-approved credit card app...the officer did not even bother to ask documents from us...we only offered tax returns, I-94s..etc...he just looked for the approved I-140 in the big pile of transferred application...and when offered he took it from us...and stamped the passport..it appears that they open the file just while we were called for the interview..and never ever even looked at it since the transfer...

sripree,

It is your interview date. Good luck to your family.

sripree said:
All,

I received the Interview Notice. The Interview is scheduled on 14-JUN-04 at 12:15 PM.

I have been asked to bring the following.
1) All passports
2) Entry Documents
3) I-94
4) Birth Certificate
5) Photo-ID
6) FORM I-693 (Medical) if I had not submitted earlier. I already did
7) Current Letter of Employment

The Last Line says bring Form I-864 Affidavit of Support and Last 3 yr tax returns from Sponsor and Co-Sponsors.

I am not sure whether the above is applicable to me as it looks to applicable only for Family Based. I will talk to my Lawyer and confirm it.

Spoke to my Lawyer and she said that this Office only does Family Based Application so It would be safer to bring the Tax returns also.

ND - MAR 2002
FP - JUN 2003

3 EAD's.