Transfer Case - Interview details.

sripree

Registered Users (C)
All,

I went to my interview yesterday. My case was handled by Office 3. Her name is Jackie Russel and she is a nice lady. No questions asked. All she told me that I had to wait for two months so that they could complete the security check before approving my application.

She took our fingerprints and our new photos.

She said that I should be receiving my approval notices during the second week of august.

At the end of my interview my lawyer asked if she need any documents from us. The officer then told me give the latest letter of employment.

Thats it. it all took about 5 minutes and we were out.

I am not sure whether to feel happy or sad.

Spipree,

I understand you did FP on June, 2003 and Security check (Name check) will take only 2 months after FP. Why Dallas office need 2 month for security check?

sripree said:
All,

I went to my interview yesterday. My case was handled by Office 3. Her name is Jackie Russel and she is a nice lady. No questions asked. All she told me that I had to wait for two months so that they could complete the security check before approving my application.

She said that I should be receiving my approval notices during the second week of august.

At the end of my interview my lawyer asked if she need any documents from us. The officer then told me give the latest letter of employment.

freedomtome,

I am not sure why but that is what the Officer told me. I guess that my file has not gone thru a Security check (name check).

My Lawyer told me that the FBI only checks for Finger prints and recently they have been asked to do a Name check as well.

I was told that my application will be approved after two months.

Yes I have a spouse and she was transferred as well. She has to wait for for months along with me.

Hi,

Surprise, I had an interview 2 weeks back in local INS officer for AOS, Immigration officer did not ask us much questions, he told me your case is straight and simple, he just asked for an employment letter and told me that I will receive my 485 approval in mail.

He did not mention about "security check", also he did not mention time frame, when I will receive it?. It has been 2 1/2 weeks past from the day I had an interview .

Based on your information, It seems that they will also do "security check" for me and once it done they may send me my approval.

Please keep in touch.

Thanks,
Raj

sripree said:
All,

sripree

If this of any comfort, even when I went for my interview, I was told that I would have to wait about 2 months for the security check. But guess what, the approval letter was in the mail within the next 3 days.

So, it really does not mean you have to wait that long. I spoke with my lawyer (no, my lawyer was NOT with me for the interview) later and he said that its just to verify with their boss (the officer's boss) again before issuing the approval. Turned out right in my case.

Congratulations.

Jaysee

jaysee,

Thanks for your comments.

You know everybody has different experience. I just hope that I am as lucky as you.

jaysee,

I have some questions for you.

1) Where did you go for the Interview. I mean which city??.
2) After you got the approval letter, where did you go for the stamping. Were you asked to go to the same officer?? or did you use infopass to get appt for the other building??.

sripree

1. Dallas office 3010 N ... office
2. Went for stamping to the same place. The funny part, I received my card within 7 days of the approcval and actually carried th card with me when I went for my stamping.

Congratulations again !
Jaysee