Transfer back to TSC from local office

Dallas03096

Registered Users (C)
In today's Infopass visit to Dallas local office, I was told "Your case has been transferred back to TSC on 07/05/07; You may write to TSC if you want any further info".
This information was given out by the person at the window where they normally issue tokens for going inside the office. She refused to issue any token for going inside the office saying "We do not handle any employment based cases in this office" even after I pointed out that my I-485 interview was done at Dallas local office. When I said "My Congressman's office says my case has been approved in June 2007", she responded "We don't know about that; Our system shows your case has been transferred to TSC on July 5; That is all the info we have in our system"; She also refused rudely to give any status for my dependents' cases saying "They need to be present here with you; How do I know they are in USA?"
Do not know how long this suspense will continue. Have also raised a Service Request today through Customer Service Rep in 1-800#.

Hi Dallas,

This is what happened to me in my last InfoPass appointment. The window clerk was rude and insisted that I cannot go and meet the officer. I complained why the heck they gave this appointment then and she finally relented and let me in. IO did not give me any further info on my case. Best is to call TSC using POJ technique. Today, my case status has changed to RFE. Last time when I called TSC they opened a new SR. Probably this might have triggered the RFE. Try all the means in your control. This is the last chance we all have. Let's clinch this damn thing. Good luck.

Response from CIS Ombudsman

Even after one month of the supposed date of approval, I haven't received any official communication from USCIS. When I e-mailed CIS Ombudsman about my plight, he responded back immediately with the following message:
The due date for USCIS’s response to you based on our case problem referral is August 31, 2007, so please do not expect anything sooner.

That said, we have passed on your statement about the Congressman’s news of the approvals to USCIS in hopes a confirmation might come sooner. CISOMB observes that you may well receive faster confirmation of the approvals from the source of the original approval news, Congressman Sessions’ office, as that office surely had some basis for so informing you.
Sincerely,

Citizenship and Immigration Services Ombudsman
US Department of Homeland Security
Mail Stop 1225
Washington, D.C. 20528-1225
Email: cisombudsman@dhs.gov
Web: http://www.dhs.gov/cisombudsman

Now I have contacted my Congressman's office again and waiting for them to respond back.

Update from Congressman's office

My Congressman's office says the transfer from Dallas local office back to TSC is indeed for Card Production:D
Do not know when USCIS will consider it fit to inform me officially either by snail mail or e-mail:confused:

Congrats!

Why can't approvals be simple, happy and quick? You (and most of us here) have been through a lot during the process - why cause pain even after approval?

Anyway, this will hopefully end soon for you!

My Congressman's office says the transfer from Dallas local office back to TSC is indeed for Card Production:D
Do not know when USCIS will consider it fit to inform me officially either by snail mail or e-mail:confused:

Why can't approvals be simple, happy and quick? You (and most of us here) have been through a lot during the process - why cause pain even after approval?

Anyway, this will hopefully end soon for you!

I guess there are some sadists working in USCIS:mad:
I hope I will get the card by mid August (going by the experience posted by another member in this forum)

Form G-731T sent to TSC

Finally I was able to get a CSR who transferred my call to her superior probably IO(?).
IO searched the database using my case# and A# for my dependents. Then she confirmed that our case file is back in TSC earlier in this month but she does not see any mention about approvals in the database. She said some officers do not update the status in the database and Congressman's office information must be correct.
When I requested her to send an internal communication asking for the status to be updated, she politely said she can not initiate such communication. In her opinion Congressman's office should write a letter to TSC on this matter. When I told her Congressman's office says it is an internal matter of USCIS and we have to wait for the processing to happen,she asked me to send Form G-731T (Inquiry About Status of I-551 Alien Registration Card) to TSC asking for status of card mentioning that we have been informed by Congressman's Office that our cases have been approved on June 20.
The expected turnaround time is about 30 days for this type of enquiry.

Last edited by a moderator:
The expected turnaround time is about 30 days for this type of enquiry.

This is an exercise in how many different ways you can get screwed by USCIS' multiple systems and the complete disconnect between so many of them. You expect there to be some level of quality standards and responsibility in government jobs involving admitting people into this country as permanent residents (after all, it is a homeland security issue), but these guys constantly surprise us with the new levels to which they take their snafus.

I hope your situation gets sorted out before you lose your mind. :) It must be a relief to know that your case is approved, but this is getting ridiculous.

The officer who approved my case is known for being too slow to update the information in USCIS computer system (That is what I heard from my Congressman's office)

One more Infopass; Case status still showing pending

I visited Dallas field office with Infopass appointment today. The IO at the window issuing tokens recognized my face, said she remembers my earlier visits to follow-up and issued me the number to go inside the office.
The IO at the information counter inside the office said "Our system still shows your case status as pending; TSC has the case file from July 5; You may send a letter to TSC for follow up; Do not call 1-800 number or rely on on-line case status since they will all be misleading. Follow up through Congressman's office will get you reply from TSC faster". She also said "Dallas local office handles family based cases only; For Employment based cases do not expect any help from Dallas local office; We only help TSC in conducting the interview. Then all processing is done by TSC".
Wonder why Dallas office does not issue the approval letters for cases interviewed by them like other local offices do:(
Now I am awaiting the response to my case status inquiry thro' Ombudsman and Form G-731T Inquiry about status of Permanent Resident Card sent by me!

all the best

been following your story - hope this ends real soon for you - with a happy ending!

I visited Dallas field office with Infopass appointment today. The IO at the window issuing tokens recognized my face, said she remembers my earlier visits to follow-up and issued me the number to go inside the office.
The IO at the information counter inside the office said "Our system still shows your case status as pending; TSC has the case file from July 5; You may send a letter to TSC for follow up; Do not call 1-800 number or rely on on-line case status since they will all be misleading. Follow up through Congressman's office will get you reply from TSC faster". She also said "Dallas local office handles family based cases only; For Employment based cases do not expect any help from Dallas local office; We only help TSC in conducting the interview. Then all processing is done by TSC".
Wonder why Dallas office does not issue the approval letters for cases interviewed by them like other local offices do:(
Now I am awaiting the response to my case status inquiry thro' Ombudsman and Form G-731T Inquiry about status of Permanent Resident Card sent by me!

Dallas03096,

My case has been transfered to dallas local office on may 30th 2007.
Today i visited dallas local office(Near Interstate I35) through infopass appointment.

IO checked my cased and informed me that it is in interview queue.
according to him Name check has been cleared.
my FP are going expire soon.

Don't know when they will schedule interview for me.
Can you please tell me about your interview experience.
Usually how many days they will take to shcedule an appointment.

Thanks
PD: May 2002 (EB3)
485 Applied in June 2005

Dallas03096,

My case has been transfered to dallas local office on may 30th 2007.
Today i visited dallas local office(Near Interstate I35) through infopass appointment.

IO checked my cased and informed me that it is in interview queue.
according to him Name check has been cleared.
my FP are going expire soon.

Don't know when they will schedule interview for me.
Can you please tell me about your interview experience.
Usually how many days they will take to shcedule an appointment.

Thanks
PD: May 2002 (EB3)
485 Applied in June 2005
Sorry to hear about your transfer to the blackhole called Dallas local office! All the best!
In early 2005 they were taking 4 months to schedule interviews. Unfortunately in my case they took about 11 months to schedule interview (for no apparent reason). Please see the following thread for my interview experience: http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=183501

Case Status Update on 08/07/2007

33 days after transfer back to TSC, there is a on-line case status update!
Just now received e-mail with the following case status update:
Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.

Hopefully I should be receiving card ordered e-mail in a few days!