transferred from one local INS to another? My details:
PD: 4/96, 485 RD/ND: 2/00, Transferred to Philly: 4/01

Moving to another state. Do I just report change of address
to local INS? Is there anything that can be done to make
sure that they transfer the file in a timely manner to the
office that has jurisdiction over my new residence? I have
heard that there is such a thing where you can request one
office to ask for files from another INS office? How can
that be done? Any experiences/info greatly appreciated?

No Title

I am also interested in an answer to this question. My case was transferred to NYC in May 2000. Still waiting to be called for interview! in the meantime, I have moved from New York to New Jersey. I hear it takes one or two months to be called for interview in Newark.

No Title

I am also interested in an answer to this question. My case was transferred to NYC in May 2000. Still waiting to be called for interview! In the meantime, I have moved from New York to New Jersey. I hear it takes one or two months to be called for interview in Newark.

No Title

Hi,
I spoke to my lawyer and my lawyer suggested not to do such a thing as that might cause the case to be lost in the admin whirl pool,Suggestion was to keep a address in Philly till the interview( maybe any of your friends or family). I spoke to an Imigration officer and he suggested the same thing to me

No Title

rnemani:

Where did you speak to the Immigration officer? Did he say that giving somebody\'s address
was sufficient? I spoke to an attorney who said that they might ask for more proof of
residence during the interview (leases, utility bills, etc.)? If they discover that you have moved
out, they will transfer the file even at that stage to the new office. I suspect it is better to
get it transferred now than to wait 9 months for an interview and run the risk of transfer at
that stage?

No Title

localtransfer: I am no expert, but it looks like you have a point. They do ask for proof of residency.... Dude, consult a lawyer! When did you move to Baltimore? I hope you are not doing this to speed up your process (Baltimore v. Philly!), because as someone pointed out, you may run a risk of loosing your file.

No Title

Hi derivative spouse ,

I have the same problem. I case was transferred to NYC local office in first week of April 2001. I moving out of New York sometime in Aug or Sep 2001. It is little expensive to maintain two residencies. Please post any info about moving to New Jersey while the 485 is in process in NYC local office.

Thanks
GNK