Traking DOL list for California due to 245I Part 3

SFO DOL phone #

trying to call sanfrancisco DOL at 415-975-4617. It\'s just ringing....no automated message.

Is this the right # ?.... Please let me know !!!

No Title

nope...

415-975-4601 option 5 will ask you to call 415-975-4617...

Is there any other way we can get the approval info?

RIR denied in SFO DOL

Hi,
I filed for LC on Apr 18th 2001. My RIR application was approved in state DOL and sent to regional DOL on Oct. 4th 2001. Regional DOL at SFO replied back saying that due to deficiencies in the case, they will place my case in regular LC process. My lawyer says that DOL has not provided a reason! Is this possible that DOL does not provide a reason and is there anyway for the laywers or employer to find the reason from DOL and maybe provide more information and put the case back in RIR? My lawyer also says that it maybe because of the current economy. Does anybody know of RIR cases being approved or rejected in CA in the past 3-4 months?

I would appreciate if you provide any information you have.

Thanks much!

No Title

Sorry to hear the News...but I heard this is happening...I think it\'s all because of attorney\'s inefficient paperwork. They will not tell you what they do...also, they won\'t tell you the reason why DOL has rejected...

No Title

Guys-
Has anyone with a PD in the second week of May got any approval?. Yes DOL is processing cases as of 2nd Nov, just wanted to know if there were any exceptions.

-Thanks.

My thoughts..

Hi,
If the Attorney or Employer couldn\'t answer the RFE, it goes to the regular process automatically. DOL strated asking for re-justification for RIR. If your employer or attorney had gone thru the proper pre-req\'s for RIR, it shouldn\'t be a problem. It happened to me last year, my employer didn\'t have correct docs to re-justify, so we started the whole process again..waited for 6 months..and re-applying now again. Now, my employer and attorney are ready to face any queries...Good luck to all of us...

Thanks.

Sorry to hear that - what field is your employment in

And, what was your job\'s DOT code/ description? Also, how big/ small is your company? This information will help us all in understanding what cases DOL is rejecting...

How can I check the status of my LC?

Hi folks:

1) How can I check the status of my LC - filed in the CA SESA on Aug 13 2001 (RIR)??

2) What are the chances of my LC coming through by Aug 15 2002?

Thankx
--P

Case transmitted to DOL

PD: 7/10/2001
Case#132xxx
Forwarded to DOL SF on 3/22/2002
RD not received yet
Plz add me to tracking list

Alas, we are an Indian....

We Indians are the most intellectual lot in the World. Yet, we lack courage, settle for less, fight among ourselves with no unity,, from whichever dimension you look...We mourn in silence, speak aloud in debates, pinppoint the flaws to the minutest detail, still we lag behind in the face of life.. I recently read a book on the civilization which clearly said that Africans refused to enter this country without their familiies and relatives.. And a special provision pertaining to the immigrant law had to be signed immediately to bring the Africans together with their families, children and relatives at one stroke, although they had to face problems in the name of slavery.. We are meekier than that..
We leave our parents , forget our relatives back home and we either cry/enjoy by ourselves making sure we donot help others nor willing to stand up to an issue... All said, we are paying for being intellect...
Any other foreign national would have entered this country only after he is confident that he donot miss anything by being far from home..
Silly as it sounds, but this is the truth...A working day off from work by all Indian software professionals in this country would mean a loss of more than $924 million....Statisitcs from a Software Immigrants Study....

re: my thoughts

Thanks for the info. There was a RFE during my SESA processing regarding my wage and from what my lawyers say, they replied to it.
Then my case went to Regional DOL and it was put into regular processing and no reason was given. Do you think this maybe because DOL did not recieve any reply for their RFE? In that case, will SESA pass on the case to Regional DOL?

Thanks much

my field of employement is Software Engg

I dont know my DOT code or Job description, unfortly. I work for a big company.

No Title

I think there was some lack in my paperwork. Do u know of anyway to find the reason from DOL?

KriMad

It can\'t happen or they can\'t just do it without any reason. May be a mistake in DOL\'s part, your lawyer should call and find out..