Tragedy at last stage of CP. PLEASE ADVISE.

TungFong

Registered Users (C)
My dear friends,

Today is a dark day in my life as one of my family member passes away.

I NEED ALL THE ADVICE YOU CAN GIVE.

I'm currently waiting for an interview date from my embassy but I need to go home ASAP. I cannot contact my lawyer as she's on trail.

I need to know :-

1.) What documentation to bring home. I know I need an employer letter and INS Form 2063 (Sailing permit) rite?.

2.) IF someone could email or fax me your sample employment letter, I would really appreciate it greatly.

3.)What other documentation do I need and what are the dimension of the photos needed.

RAvikPK, SSuhress, Bapa and other experts, PLEASE HELP.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

TungFong

I feel very sorry for you TungFong. Let the almighty give you positive energy during these difficult times. Here are some of my inputs. Hopefully others might correct me or add to what i said.

1.) What documentation to bring home. I know I need an employer letter and INS Form 2063 (Sailing permit) rite?.

before leaving USA are
a) get a notorized employment letter
b) get the latest pay-stubs & bank statms
c) get originals/copies of I-140/H1's etc etc.. from your lawyer
d) take all your IRS tax returns etc.
e) POLICE CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE

SAILING PERMIT is not a required document for the INTERVIEW. People take this just-in-case. With the URGENCY YOU HAVE, you should not worry about this.

also refer to the detailed list @ http://www.immihelp.com/gc/consular/before_leave_us.html

2.) IF someone could email or fax me your sample employment letter, I would really appreciate it greatly.

I havent' got my employement letter yet, but i can refer you to this URL http://www.immihelp.com/docs/CPSampleEmploymentLetter.html

3.)What other documentation do I need and what are the dimension of the photos needed.
a) you can take the photos in your home-country.

these are the PACKET-4 required documents from http://chennaicp.tripod.com
OF-171-Visa appointment letter.
DS-230-Part I & II Visa application.
Marriage certificate.
Wedding photos.
Birth certificate OR statement of non-availabilty of birth records & affidavit of birth.
Evidence of financial support(affidavit of suppor in Form I-864 from the petitioner as well as any co-sponsor, including 3 years most recent U.S. Federal income Tax returns), Petitioner's Employment letter and Bank statements.
Photos - 1.5 inch by 1.5 inch in size. Sign on two copies at the bottom front. Do not sign the 3rd copy. In a child's photo, write the name of the child. The photograph must be a three quarter frontal protrait with the right side of the face and right ear visible. We require color phots with white background.
Proof of relationship between beneficiary and the petitioner.
Medical reports. Do not submit your X-ray.
Completed 9003 form.
Separate passport for each applicant.(including children).
Even though 1-864 is mentioned in the list , do not worry about it as its required for family based imm.
Do not forget to add PCC to the above list.
I did get the tax transcripts from IRS & sailing permit.
I am not sure if sailing permit is required , its a very simple process , just go to the local IRS office , they will issue it with in no time.

Dear TungFong:

Please let me know if you need a copy of a sample employment letter. I will be more than happy to send you a copy of my employment letter. My email id is manroy@hotmail.com. Drop me an email I will do the needful. No need to worry about the sailing permit it is not required and is generally not asked for at the visa interview.

Make sure you have your tax transcript. You can go to the nearest IRS office for your tax transcript ( Make sure that they have a walk in facility and they are open).

Do make sure you have a copy of your approved LC, I-140.
Along with this do not forget to take your

* Educational Records
* Civil Certificates
# Marriage Certificate
# Birth Certificate
* Work Records
* I-134 ( if you have a spouse who is migrating with you)
* Copy of DS 230 Part I and Part II
* You can get the photographs and OF 171( appointment Letter from the consulate) in your parent country
* Police Clearance Certificate if required
* Adequate funds for your visa and travel.

Wish you all the best.

Regards,
Bapa

employement letter

A copy of the employement letter (with my name and comany name ommited) that I submitted at NWD this month is attached. I hope it helps.

Thanks
Deepak

Thank you for all your assistant

My dear friends,

I sincerely thanks all those to reply namely Bapa, Localmadras and deepshikha.

I dad once told me that "when you're in a foreign land, it's your friends that count".

Once again you guy went all out to help me and I'm trully grateful. It's people like you guys that makes feel better.

I have not receive packet 4 yet but I've sent an email to the embassy to forward any further correspondance to my home address. I will be leaving on Saturday and will update you folks in a later date.

If anyone has anything to add, please do so.

Once again, THANK YOU and GOD BLESS you all.

Sincerely,

TungFong

I am sorry to hear about this ...

Sailing Permit is an IRS document and not INS. Its not required for the interview but instead is a document that can be asked from u when u are departing the US .... although I have never come across anyone being asked for it .... This document basically states that u have paid all the taxes due to the US government ...

So my suggestion is if you do not have time there is no need to get this one ...

There is no need to sign the photographs as every consulate has a different rule on that ... at Delhi I was not asked to sign the front the back but at chennai it seems u have to ... they will tell u the correct thing at the time of the interview ...

If you have applied for ur/wife H1/H4 ext, take the orignal receipt with you ... it will be asked at the consulate ... Take as many documents as u can as there is no harm in carrying extra stuff (u will not the chance to come back to the US to get them !!) ...

Rest of the important documents people have already mentioned in this thread ...

All the best and hope you are able to cope with the tragedy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi TungFong,

My heart felt condolences.
Really sorry to hear about your situation.
Generally if your case has been received by the consulate and you are waiting for an interview date, you can ask the consulate to pre-pone your interview date under situations such as yours.
You should contact the consulate at the earliest.

I think all the documentation issues have been answered.
Make sure that you take a certified copy of your H1-B approval notice. (usually attorney's send you a certified copy as soon as H1B has been approved).

All the best!

-Ravi

Originally posted by TungFong
My dear friends,

Today is a dark day in my life as one of my family member passes away.

I NEED ALL THE ADVICE YOU CAN GIVE.

I'm currently waiting for an interview date from my embassy but I need to go home ASAP. I cannot contact my lawyer as she's on trail.

I need to know :-

RAvikPK, SSuhress, Bapa and other experts, PLEASE HELP.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

TungFong

employment letter format .....

here is the format of the employment letter(done by my lawyer) that i had used for the interview:

U.S. Embassy, Consular Section
New Delhi, India

Re: Name Case #NWD200-------

Dear Sir or Madam:

I am writing this letter to certify that Mr. XXXX is employed with us as a permanent employee on full time basis and will continue to be employed by YYYY upon his return to the United States with an immigrant visa in the position of ZZZZ. He will be employed in the same position for which certification was obtained from the U.S. Department of Labor and for which an I-140 Petition was filed and approved on his behalf with the Immigration and Naturalization Service. Mr. XXXX will plan, design, develop, test and document programs for financial applications. His employment is neither seasonal nor temporary but constitutes a full time offer of employment.

He will be paid a salary of not less than $$$$$$ per year in this position. His prospects for continued employment are excellent. Please call me if you have any questions.

Very truly yours,

Name and title

Sworn to and subscribed
before me this ______ day
of _________, 2002.

My commission Expires:

Notary Seal

Last edited by a moderator: