Traffic vs Retrogression

HBG2001 said:
Mexico EB3 dates were stuck in April 2001 for long time. I remember for 2 bulletins Mexico EB3 were in April 22, 2001. Then Finally moved to May 01, 2001. India EB3 dates too may follow the same. May 01, 2001 is another hurdle for India. High demand date. I hope we will be there in next bulletin when a new quater starts and another 700 odd fresh EB3 visas will be available.

-Thanks
My point it is, shouldn't India be much ahead of Mexico? Unless Mexican never filed 245i cases. I know they out-number Indians if you count illegals by atleast 100 times.
Also do you expect India to move at a jet speed after it clears April 30 hurdle.

Speculation ...

GaramChai2go said:
My point it is, shouldn't India be much ahead of Mexico? Unless Mexican never filed 245i cases. I know they out-number Indians if you count illegals by atleast 100 times.
Also do you expect India to move at a jet speed after it clears April 30 hurdle.

GaramChai2go,

From what I have read on this forum, it seems that most Meixcans applied for 245i thru the family route while almost all Indians used the EB3 skilled worker category. The number of Mexcian 245is are more than Indian 245is but there are enough India 245is within the EB3 skilled worker category to choke the system. I was surprised to learn this myself but with the way India EB3 dates have trailed even EB3 Mexico dates there is no other explaination other than a high number of 245is from India.

regards,

saras

saras76 said:
GaramChai2go,

From what I have read on this forum, it seems that most Meixcans applied for 245i thru the family route while almost all Indians used the EB3 skilled worker category. The number of Mexcian 245is are more than Indian 245is but there are enough India 245is within the EB3 skilled worker category to choke the system. I was surprised to learn this myself but with the way India EB3 dates have trailed even EB3 Mexico dates there is no other explaination other than a high number of 245is from India.

regards,

saras
Isn't it frustrating, whichever directions you look be it immigration or real estate in India, you are screwed. You know that old Indian saying -- Dhobi ka kutta na ghar na ghat ka ....
:eek: :eek: :eek:

saras76 said:
GaramChai2go,

regards,

saras

I know someone who works with lots of IT dudes from India and many of them filed under 245(i). Mind you , not everyone who filed under 245(i) were out of status at the time. As long as they were physically present in the US on December 21, 2000 and beneficiaries of immigration petitions or labor certification applications filed on or before April 30, 2001, they were eligible to take advantage of 245(i) even if they fell out of status after.

Last edited by a moderator: