Traffic Tickets reporting - DUI charge was dismissed

Hi Everyone,
Just wanted to ask this mundane question that has been discussed in this forum enough times, but could not find a satisfactory answer to my question.
I'd been pulled over for DUI and issued a ticket for DUI, subsequently during court proceeding the DUI charge was dismissed. However I got a fine and suspension for 3 months for lesser offense of reckless driving, which I did not want to appeal again so accepted. This was almost 20 years back. Assume I need to include this in my application? Thanks.

Jbuff

Hi Everyone,
Just wanted to ask this mundane question that has been discussed in this forum enough times, but could not find a satisfactory answer to my question.
I'd been pulled over for DUI and issued a ticket for DUI, subsequently during court proceeding the DUI charge was dismissed. However I got a fine and suspension for 3 months for lesser offense of reckless driving, which I did not want to appeal again so accepted. This was almost 20 years back. Assume I need to include this in my application? Thanks.
Yes include it on your application.
Shouldn't hinder you what so ever in the. N400 process.

Jbuff

Thanks Jbuff! Also I plan to provide Disposition from the court if I can get it. Anything else?
Youre on the right track. Do walk with the the disposition. Which ever court it was from should have it in a computer file and should be able to print it for you and give you the courts stamp/seal on the printout.

Curious to know if USCIS would still need it for a 20 year old case. Please come back to the forum to update us after.

Follow-up to my earlier post.

Surprisingly, I was able to get the Disposition copy which states the "offense" as Reckless Driving. Also my Driving Record shows the event as Reckless Driving. My question is when I fill out the N-400 Part 12, Ques 29 on details "Why were you cited, detained or charged", do I list as cited for DUI or Reckless Driving.

Jbuff

Follow-up to my earlier post.

Surprisingly, I was able to get the Disposition copy which states the "offense" as Reckless Driving. Also my Driving Record shows the event as Reckless Driving. My question is when I fill out the N-400 Part 12, Ques 29 on details "Why were you cited, detained or charged", do I list as cited for DUI or Reckless Driving.
If records state reckless driving. That's what you put In the description. When asked about charges

Were the charges reduced from DUI to reckless driving. Are you sure you were charged for DUI ? State the facts in N-400
I'd been pulled over for a DUI. But do not remember since its been a while if the violation stated on ticket was DUI, or have the details of the tickets ( could have been DUI). Subsequently during court proceeding I got a fine and suspension for 2 months for reckless driving, which I did not want to appeal again so accepted.

whitemimauz3

Registered Users (C)
They might have pulled you for DUI but determined ONLY as reckless driving. Go with what police charging document & court disposition says.