Traffic ticket Question?

us702

Registered Users (C)
Friends,
I have a traffic ticket from 97.
Dont remember date or month or fine, etc.
My Interview is scheduled for Sept.
Would I need to collect any information on ticket.
If yes, then how can I do it.
thanks so much

Call or go to the local traffic court which has jurisdiction over where the traffic violation occured.

What did the notice say

What did the notice say?

Also, is there anyone with similar experience who knows for sure?

My thinking is... if one doesn't pay the ticket there would be an outstanding warrant for the arrest in the state.

If you don't mind, could you please post your timeline and the office?

Thanks!

I have already paid of the ticket at the time.
What should I ask the traffic court for?
I just want to know if I need any paperwork related to that in the interview?
thanks,

I think, you are asking a very simple question: Do I need any documentation about the ticket when I go for the interview?

The answer is: Unless INS ask you to bring that documentation or ask you to send that documenation before the interview, you do not have to worry about that.

Look at your interview letter. If it doesn't say about any additional documentation, do not worry about it.

Great Link!

Thank you for posting the link. What a coincidence (I got all my tickets in NJ:D )

I did use a private company to obtain the abstract. There was no information older than 3 years, though.

I will order my abstract and will let everyone know if it looks any useful. (Or maybe someone has done it already? Pleae share your experiences) Thanks!

Call the traffic court in the county/town where you got the ticket and ask them for a certificate of disposition. They will mail that to you within a week at no charge. You should be able to find the name/# of the traffic court by doing a search on google

The cert. of disposition basically details what the violation was and what the resolution was (i.e., paid fine, $ amt etc.) under the court's stamp.

Mgh2001

Mgh2001, Thank you for your info!

It kind of doesn't make sense to me that INS would care a about a red-light ticket 8 years ago but I guess I havel make sure I have it all not to delay my N-400.

Thanks everyone for the information.
In NJ they do charge $4 to get certified disposition of ticket.
I sent the court where I got the ticket a check and hopefully will get it soon.
thanks again