Tracking TSC Responses

bhutu

Registered Users (C)
I called several times to TSC regarding the case. I have been told several times that it's pending because of visa number not available. I tried to find out the name check or background check is done or not. They told me it's done on 6th aug of last year. Recently when I am calling they are saying visa number message.Try to find out about the name check some says don't want to discuss, some says it's done, very few says wait for name check. I don't know what to beleive.I reallly want to find out about the name check is complete or not. what's the ways to find that out.Anybody have any suggestions that will help. beacuse emailing FBI doesn't help. I didnot get any help about that.
My PD will be current on MAY Bulletin.
I like to know is it relly the visa number or it's just the standard answers from TSC now a days.
I think it will be helpful if we track it and share the experiences and suggestions.
There is another thing I like to share.On Dec 2005 I did a status enquiry.On Jan 2006 I got a letter from them stating expiration of my fingerprint.oN Feb 2006 they send us to do the CODE 3 BIOMETRICS. We did it on FEB 28.

Please everybody share their thoughts and exp .

Thanks

EB3 PD 02/24/2001
ONLY APPLIED I485 ON JAN 2003

Regarding name check, you can ask your congressman for help. Usually, you will get their response with 6 weeks.

I enquired to my local congressman they told me they don't do FBI Enquiry.
However I called again the rep this time told me my case is pre something.I didn't get the proper term.But thta means all the work is done waiting for final review.Don't know exactly when depends on how many files the officer is reviewing.
She took my A# and told me my name check is done and results came back on JULY 22 2005. Which has been told by other also in the past. I hope that correct.
Everybody share their exp.
Thanks,

little_cat said:
Regarding name check, you can ask your congressman for help. Usually, you will get their response with 6 weeks.
Can you explain a little more? What info will the people get about the name check after asking the congressman for help? Will it disclose the completion date on the name check?

My case is current.I called TSC three times regarding the name check. The first time, one lady told me that my security check is cleared and give them 60 days to process the case. But for the second and third time, they told me that my case is pending on security check since last sep.
I just don't know why they have different answers for the name check. Should I contact the congressman or just make another call :)

make another call and see what happened.You can also initiate a query by outself by calling TSC.See what's the response for that.
Bhutu

another problem could be that much like fingerprints, security checks are also time dependent, ie they expire. My lawyer told me they expire at 6 mo though others on this forum have corrected me before saying that they are valid for a year.

it is therefore conceivable that your checks were done and they your case was retro'd but now that you are current, the checks have expired.

Just trying to find a logical explanation for they completely illogical behaviour of the service centers.

I don't think my security check is expired because I filed my application last August and made the calls all in this month when my priority date is current. I think the first officer just lied to me. I will make another call and see what will happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Call (800) 375 5283
Press 1
Press 2
Press 6
Press 1 (for SRC no)
Press 1 (to confirm SRC #)
After listening Status
Press 3
Press 3 or 4 when it says 'You have filed Multiple Applications, and seperated " Select that option.