tracking physical card

Also, if you read my card related posting carefully. Notice the card get's issued from CA. But get's mailed from KY.

Basically I believe SSN and GC requests take a different route right from the LAX Immi. counter.

Rashmi

recd welcome letters

hi guys,

i recd 2 welcome letters. In both, the receipt date and mail stamp date on the envelope is the same and mailed from CA. When i checked the case update online, it says an approval notice was mailed on "D" where "D" is after the mail stamp date on these envelopes and i should receive it in 14 days. I dont know if this "D" refers to mailing of the welcome notices or the actual card itself. Any ideas?? Nothing on the ssn side.

Thx,
Dilbert

Last edited by a moderator:
My guess is that D is for plastic cards. Atleast now you know that your case is in progress.

Please keep us updated.

Good luck.

dilbert30 said:
hi guys,

i recd 2 welcome letters. In both, the receipt date and mail stamp date on the envelope is the same and mailed from CA. When i checked the case update online, it says an approval notice was mailed on "D" where "D" is after the mail stamp date on these envelopes and i should receive it in 14 days. I dont know if this "D" refers to mailing of the welcome notices or the actual card itself. Any ideas?? Nothing on the ssn side.

Thx,
Dilbert

recd my GC!

Hi guys,

Got my GC today. It looks like the new format, but only on the front.(read abt the new format in another thread). Atlast the process is over (but for the ssn cards) :) . I want to thank you all for your support and insights all thro this process - esp kd, raju, alren, vj and rashmi; most importantly the administrators of this forum.

rseth - hang in there! you will get ur cards soon.

Anyone else - if you have any specific qns abt the whole process - please free to send me a PM. Please do note however that I have no experience with process for dependants.

Thanks and good luck,

Dilbert

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats Dilbert30

Today we received our welcome letters. I dont why but both of us received 2 copies of welcome letter. When I check on the USCIS site, it says you card will be mailed soon.

dilbert30 said:
Hi guys,

Got my GC today. It looks like the new format, but only on the front.(read abt the new format in another thread). Atlast the process is over (but for the ssn cards) :) . I want to thank you all for your support and insights all thro this process - esp kd, raju, alren, vj and rashmi; most importantly the administrators of this forum.

rseth - hang in there! you will get ur cards soon.

Anyone else - if you have any specific qns abt the whole process - please free to send me a PM. Please do note however that I have no experience with process for dependants.

Thanks and good luck,

Dilbert

Received my card

Guys,

Today me and my wife received our cards. Thanks to all of you and special thanks to Alren for all the guidance.

Rseth

I wish. ;)

U should change your location in your pref. now, so people don't feel pity on you anymore.

Folks,

I entered on Dec 14th after obtaining the Immigrant visa from Mumbai. I have a couple of questions:

1). What is the website that people are mentioning here where I can check the status of my Welcome Letters and GC? What # would I use to check the status? Would it be the EAC#?

2). How long does it usually take to receive the Card in the mail?

Thanks
S

1) It's the USCIS case status site. No, the no. is not the EAC no., but what's on the welcome letter, if you get one. Most likely within a week of WC, you will get the PC.

2) After issue anywhere between 7-10 days.

Update

Folks,

Just wanted to let you know that we received our Welcome Letters (myself and my spouse) and the new Social security cards for me and my wife yesterday (12/27/04). The Welcome letter was mailed from Mesquite,TX and the Social Security cards came from Baltimore. It was really quick considering my date of POE was Dec 14, 04.

Now, just waiting for the Green Cards.

Good luck to everyone.

S

Green Cards ------ RECEIVED!!

Folks,

Just wanted to let you all know that we received our Green Cards on Friday (Dec. 31, 2004)!!!!!!! .... YES!! :) This certainly completes a long journey!

Thanks to all the people in these forums and above all thanks to Mr. Rajiv Khanna for all the great work and help.

Wish you all a very Happy and prosperous NEW YEAR!

S

POE, New York JFK
Date: Jan. 2, 2005
Thanks for all the information.

We have Social Security Card. Are we going to receive new social security card automatically or do we need to go to local office to ask for them?

liul,

U can wait and see if it comes. For some people it come automatically, for some (like your's truely) it does not. So if it does not you will have to go the the local office.

Just received the welcome letters today in the mail. Realized that the names were wrong. They basically separate our first names into two parts and use the second part as middle name since it seems that an initial of the second part was listed there. What should we do about it?